Go Back   FMUK > Forza Motorsport 4 > Competitions > Archived 2012/3 > FMUK Ranking

Register Now for FREE!
Our records show you have not yet registered. To sign up and get instant access to all our features, simply fill out the form below.

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
  I agree to forum rules 

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #31
Bee9
Crew Chief

Gamertag
HandheldBee9
Rep
vCash
Twitter Profile
I came in to post a response to your above post, but that had me in stitches.

Looking for ideas is good, trying to implement them is good, bit by bit is they way to go, why bite of more than you can chew, you leave yourself open to failure if the task is too big, small, slow and easy is the way to approach this.
Old 16-11-2012, 10:46 PM   #32
Guru
Race team Owner

Rep
vCash
**** the bed me and grim reading off the same page.....

fully agree with virtually everything you have said there mate. As i said in an early thread is about promotion.

Ideally aswell this site could do with another active team that will make the competitions seem less like a TfR cup, whilst being a team leader its rewarding to see us do well i do enjoy the sunday comps that have the other guys enter. However even then some of them do a couple rounds and that is it so it still by the end look TfR member heavy.

The tt's group are being discussed but this will more than likely be part of the 2013 season rather than something we implement immediately. Again private discussions are/ have been had on these sort of areas. Grim will back me up if we can get a tt going like the FTW TAC it will bring more members in however its about making people AWARE of FMUK and what we do.

In regards to your testing comment grim there are advanced talks in what we are doing for that which will help everyone out and avoid dramas like etcc gate but push the style of competitions we do. With a limited active user base as we currently have 2 race competitions a week are more than enough. When we tried 3 the third competition was a limited entry comp (This could be implemented again if deemed appropriate)

But as said discussion between now and end of the month mean ideas and new ways we do things can be implemented for the start of our 2013 season.

Comments

:)

'The games dead ya'know'
Old 16-11-2012, 10:47 PM   #33
FMUK A Senna
Race Driver

Gamertag
EMW Takum1
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
YouTube Profile
Send a message via Skype™ to A Senna
We need more videos of stuff we also need to get more of the stuff we did on fm3 gurus reviews Zulu DSOTM tuning garages need to be more local around here, one thing that could draw people in is more realistic race series with maybe live streaming but it's how can it be done
Old 16-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #34
FMUK A Senna
Race Driver

Gamertag
EMW Takum1
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
YouTube Profile
The top gear board would be a fun idea but would mean a lot of work for who ever decides to give it a shot.

Few tac base here would be easy to do, but if it brings the guys over would be a bonus, we tried to do adverts for each new event that was coming up wi a range of cars running together but trying to get the guys together for the guy to record was hard, maybe do a special tt once a month like a stock car round a certain track or even do a single day special tt like top gear when they test new cars, idea below

Guru has just seen a sweet new release on fm.net there's a a hlc on there thread maybe make it a tt for 1 day or 1 weekend we run it then maybe we can give our personal view on the car can post in there thread and say we had a group of guys on FMUK try a special tt of your car link them to results could get more members here, the paint comp was good we need to get a lot of the basics back from fm2 photo comps hlc paint comps then work from there
Old 16-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #35
Guru
Race team Owner

Rep
vCash
Originally Posted by A Senna View Post
We need more videos of stuff we also need to get more of the stuff we did on fm3 gurus reviews Zulu DSOTM tuning garages need to be more local around here, one thing that could draw people in is more realistic race series with maybe live streaming but it's how can it be done

its my biggest negative point with fm4 is the fact there hasnt been a car ive wanted to review, The tm is dead right now with no sign of recovering fast.

Again though this can be done on a small scale. Where are the small little fmuk garages with their fmuk releases. Only takes a few colabs between a painter and a tuner and we have our own tm, and you never know i might (new tv permitting) brush the notepad back out and see what i can do with them.

I think realistic race series wise we are actually quite good with a mix of single car championships, american muscle series and obviously our flagship touring car series (reputation slightly hurt but s4 planning unerway), its what we do to get those new sign ups in and get fmuk like the tm off its knees and back as a power house

'The games dead ya'know'
Old 16-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #36
Newt
Race Driver

Gamertag
LastNewtStandin
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Member of the Month Best Rookie Award 
Twitter Profile
It would be great if we had this back and personalised to fmuk.

The track/s would be key and would vary the results a bit. as would the drivetrain. just my thoughts

Ambitious but Rubbish Racing - Slow by name not by nature
Old 16-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #37
FMUK A Senna
Race Driver

Gamertag
EMW Takum1
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
YouTube Profile
If I had a bloody laptop I'd just wack reviews out to try and get guys over here!

I can get colabs done for anybody that needs paints done, and I'm sure dan smokin vinny wouldn't mind chucking paints out.

On the team matter,

There's only been TfR here that as made a decentish impact in fm2 and made a massive success from fm3/4 when guru took over, little teams need to co e out of the closet and ask for a bit of backing I'm sure is as a community would help,

1 thing as well when you run comps over at different leagues use FMUK instead of team name looks better when I run enduros at TORA I use XPLR as I race there ( well raced there a lot until I got rid of Xbox ) and It gives competitors a idea of who you are and brings new guys to the site
Old 16-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #38
Guru
Race team Owner

Rep
vCash
Originally Posted by A Senna View Post
If I had a bloody laptop I'd just wack reviews out to try and get guys over here!

I can get colabs done for anybody that needs paints done, and I'm sure dan smokin vinny wouldn't mind chucking paints out.

On the team matter,

There's only been TfR here that as made a decentish impact in fm2 and made a massive success from fm3/4 when guru took over, little teams need to co e out of the closet and ask for a bit of backing I'm sure is as a community would help,

1 thing as well when you run comps over at different leagues use FMUK instead of team name looks better when I run enduros at TORA I use XPLR as I race there ( well raced there a lot until I got rid of Xbox ) and It gives competitors a idea of who you are and brings new guys to the site

wish mine had been that easy to write took bloody ages making them not just informative so guys knew what the car was like but also entertaining so they would read them again, think i done them alright seeing as they are still mentioned...

Ive always said anyone who wants to start a team i will happily help out, Id even like to try and revive the 4zuk uk team or whatever it was called as that would be great for the site.

'The games dead ya'know'
Old 16-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #39
Bee9
Crew Chief

Gamertag
HandheldBee9
Rep
vCash
Twitter Profile
Maybe the private discussions could/should be open, the guys who are here responding are the guys who want things to happen and more than likely would have something to bring. Why wait for 2013, theres chaps here and now wishing there was a bit more activity, get something going to keep them interested now so they too don't go off looking for their excitement elsewhere
Old 16-11-2012, 11:08 PM   #40
FMUK A Senna
Race Driver

Gamertag
EMW Takum1
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
YouTube Profile
Like I said I'll happily try my best to help give things a kick they need
Old 16-11-2012, 11:36 PM   #41
Staarman
Race Driver

Gamertag
Staarman
PSN Tag
Staarman
Rep
vCash
personally i think until we have a new management team installed its gonna be very hard to move forward. Losing Wiggy was not good but maybe we expected too much of him. Many of the guys who drove this site forward since the release of FM2 have moved on, which is fine. But to continue we need to replace them with equally driven forum members and hopefully everything else we start to fall into place.
Old 16-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #42
Guru
Race team Owner

Rep
vCash
Originally Posted by Bee9 View Post
Maybe the private discussions could/should be open, the guys who are here responding are the guys who want things to happen and more than likely would have something to bring. Why wait for 2013, theres chaps here and now wishing there was a bit more activity, get something going to keep them interested now so they too don't go off looking for their excitement elsewhere

my 2013 comment was more we have everything planned so when we launch the first set of comps (1st week jan if not last week of december) this is all ready and smartly prepared

'The games dead ya'know'
Old 16-11-2012, 11:58 PM   #43
Bee9
Crew Chief

Gamertag
HandheldBee9
Rep
vCash
Twitter Profile
Originally Posted by Staarman View Post
personally i think until we have a new management team installed its gonna be very hard to move forward. Losing Wiggy was not good but maybe we expected too much of him. Many of the guys who drove this site forward since the release of FM2 have moved on, which is fine. But to continue we need to replace them with equally driven forum members and hopefully everything else we start to fall into place.

agreed
Old 17-11-2012, 12:13 AM   #44
Judge
Race Driver

Gamertag
JUDGE 38
Rep
vCash
I`ve said it before & I`ll say it again...
the Mods are very limited as to what they can do to move forwards,
we NEED at least one admin that races regularly & experiences areas where we are weak.

Freeforum sites are poping up all over with better functionality & we need adapt to compete.

(.. and I`m not knocking ANYONE)
Old 17-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #45
ONR Burnz
Race Driver

Gamertag
ONR Burnz
Rep
vCash
sounds like a good idea in theory but there are other factors that would make it not work... for example if people dont run the TT for a few weeks then they would get put into a lower class. now if i didnt run a few events i would be in a lower class but still have the same ability as far as my pace goes... i dont enter many comps or TT's nowadays, so to me personally it doesnt matter what level i am, but to others it might do...

i would say YES to doing it tho if you can get it to work properly
Burnz #46

ONR - ONE NATION RACING.....
Old 23-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #46
TfR Milton
Race Driver

Gamertag
TfR Milton
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Best Rookie Award 
YouTube Profile
Bump for you @smokinmasta

Sent from my mobile telcommunication device
Old 24-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #47
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
Member of the Month Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
Thanks Milton
Old 24-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #48
Judge
Race Driver

Gamertag
JUDGE 38
Rep
vCash
Ok, it seems most agree,
So do we have a volunteer to run this Ranking System ?
Old 24-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #49
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
Member of the Month Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Ok, it seems most agree,
So do we have a volunteer to run this Ranking System ?

Thatll be you then Martin

Just kidding, speak to bee9 im sure between you its doable (is that actually a word?)

Right off to the outlaws for the rest of the day, wish me luck!!
Old 24-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #50
Judge
Race Driver

Gamertag
JUDGE 38
Rep
vCash
I`m to anal Smoke, Bee reckons it can be updated fairly simply by manually juggling
places when people excel or undershoot their positions, and he`s probably right.
Old 24-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #51
Bee9
Crew Chief

Gamertag
HandheldBee9
Rep
vCash
Twitter Profile
No problem's, I already spoke to a couple of guy's to help me when it come's to re-jigging due to people's effort's in TT's/Race's etc.

I'll have another chat with them to decide which track etc for the on going TT/ranking qualifyer.

Comments

Nice one Bee, let me know if I can help with anything
Old 25-11-2012, 03:21 AM   #52
Newt
Race Driver

Gamertag
LastNewtStandin
Rep
vCash
Awards
Twitter Profile
Originally Posted by Bee9 View Post
No problem's, I already spoke to a couple of guy's to help me when it come's to re-jigging due to people's effort's in TT's/Race's etc.

I'll have another chat with them to decide which track etc for the on going TT/ranking qualifyer.

As it develops i think we may need some help for sure

Old 26-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #53
SIOW woontz666
Fuel Technician

Gamertag
woontz666
Rep
vCash
Awards
Determination Award Determination Award 
see below
Last edited by woontz666; 26-11-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old 26-11-2012, 11:23 PM   #54
SIOW woontz666
Fuel Technician

Gamertag
woontz666
Rep
vCash
Awards
Determination Award Determination Award 
dont see whats wrong with what we have now. i for one dont do tt or racing so that puts me out. also anyone joining the site wanting to race will have to do the prelimb, so might be put off by this. not putting the idea down but i think its easy to stay as is & do qually in a stock car & then put people in lobbies that thay should be in.
Old 26-11-2012, 11:23 PM   #55
Newt
Race Driver

Gamertag
LastNewtStandin
Rep
vCash
Awards
Twitter Profile
Originally Posted by woontz666 View Post
dont see whats rong with what is in place. i for one dont run any tt or do much racing so that puts me right out.

There isnt anything in place, and your correct if you have no intention in racing in the comps then no you dont need to run it.

For those that do we aim to provide a general ranking of all competition runners to aid organisers to better plan and manage their comps and more.

More soon

Old 27-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #56
Carpy Pants
Aerodynamicist

Gamertag
Carpy Pants
Rep
vCash
As said in previous post. How can a time you do on your own with no other cars on track decide what group you race in? Just silly! Also how can there be ranking with just about 1 lobby for races? Not understanding what's happening atm? The most important thing to do is attract more drivers first surely ?

FMUK - GP2 Series Champion
Old 27-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #57
Newt
Race Driver

Gamertag
LastNewtStandin
Rep
vCash
Awards
Twitter Profile
Originally Posted by TfR Arcanum View Post
As said in previous post. How can a time you do on your own with no other cars on track decide what group you race in? Just silly! Also how can there be ranking with just about 1 lobby for races? Not understanding what's happening atm? The most important thing to do is attract more drivers first surely ?

So start attracting more drivers then. There are plenty of people to get stuck in and start helping make the sites comps busy again if they can be assed.
FMUK needs all its organisers and members pulling together and doing everything and anything to help.

We got this plus tuning and race events in the pipeline. publicity on .net and people signing up to enter bees events from the promo and baileys tt so we are doing what we think will help the site and make it more interesting / effective

The question about lapping times used for lobby sorting is likely not going to happen. Most organisers would use a qually for their comp but may use this for team sorting and as I said TT grouping and more.
A novice cup need not have you looking at the LB to see who is a novice. If they are in Bronze ranking they can enter.
Likewise a GT comp with full sim damage etc may run a gold lobby and some assists in a silver/bronze lobby.

You can use the ranking groups for anything if you can think of it.

Last edited by Newt; 27-11-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
big, burns, cars, class, competition, cup, fmuk, forza, free, games, grim reading, king, live, page, points, post, ps3, race, racing, results, reviews, stock, tapatalk, testing, tfr, welcome, win, xbox