Go Back   FMUK > General > PC & Console Gaming

Register Now for FREE!
Our records show you have not yet registered. To sign up and get instant access to all our features, simply fill out the form below.

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
  I agree to forum rules 

Old 28-10-2008, 01:57 PM   #1
WiggyDiggyPoo

Gamertag
wiggydiggypoo
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Driver Award 
Remember Vigilante 8 - Its back !

In years gone by there was a game on the PC called Interstate 76, which was then remade on the PSone as Vigilante 8. A abosolute stunner of a game ahead of its time which featured free roaming 'sandbox' style gameplay to drive cars/trucks and even school busses around in a sort of 'Doom on Wheels' deathmatch. The AI was clever, the weapons fantastic and they even had special moves ala Streetfighter to pull off devastating sttacks with!

Well its back!

I just found this and the game comes out on Xbox Live Arcade on Nov 5th. Featuring elements from both the 1st game and its sequel on the PSone but updated to a HD standard woop woop

And its only 800 points ! I probably paid 30 each for the originals so this is a bargain, keep an eye out for a demo you'll probably love it!
Old 28-10-2008, 02:02 PM   #2
Tako

vCash
Didn't realise vigilante 8 was a remake of Interstate 76. Awesome game that was, especially the character models with Afro's. Oh as well as the cars with "BIG **** OFF GUNS"

Old 28-10-2008, 02:47 PM   #3
WiggyDiggyPoo

Gamertag
wiggydiggypoo
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Driver Award 
It was but I'76 was a lot more tactical and the later games simplified but arguably more fun !

Did you have this game? I cant remember the car name but the female driver with blue sports car was ace, had a massive 'earthshaker' cannon on it and used to love blowing 10 shades of crap out of brother with it....
Old 28-10-2008, 11:15 PM   #4
scuppy182
Race Driver

Rep
vCash
NO FREAKIN' WAY!!!

get yourself some mines, LEFT > RIGHT > DOWN > machine gun and you got a sticky, then what ever it was for that MASSIVE mortar and i would sink my brothers bus in a massive hole mwahahahaha!! i always liked that SID character with the fire turrets.
Old 28-10-2008, 11:30 PM   #5
Spanners
Jewlander

Gamertag
Spann3rs NB
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
Interstate 76' was brilliant! I loved doing the mission (i think it was a "quick play" kind of thing) where you had to chase down an oil tanker before it reached the depot. You started on a hill top, and then it was just down to a massive stretch of road and you had to shoot the hell out of it, and the cars that were trying to defend it! Good times

Tags
big, cars, games, mission, points