Go Back   FMUK > General > Motors and Motorsports

Register Now for FREE!
Our records show you have not yet registered. To sign up and get instant access to all our features, simply fill out the form below.

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
  I agree to forum rules 

Old 29-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
Member of the Month Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
Btcc 2014

Get this kicked off in the close season with this bit of news!!
Honda running an estate car!!

Click the image to open in full size.

Honda confirms new BTCC car

Honda Yuasa Racing will be back in the 2014 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) with the same championship-winning team and driver line-up, but this time with an eye-catching all new Honda.

Next March will see the track debut of the new Civic Tourer race car – the only estate car on the BTCC grid - with Honda Yuasa Racing drivers Matt Neal and Gordon ‘Flash’ Shedden in the hunt for yet more titles. The team have their sights set firmly on a clean sweep of titles after the Honda Civics secured both the teams’ and manufacturers’ crowns for the fourth year in a row with Matt and Flash narrowly missing out on the drivers’ crown in the 2013 season.

Gordon Shedden said: “2013 was an incredibly competitive season in the BTCC with the championship battle going right down to the wire! Of course it was disappointing not to retain the drivers title but we’re looking forward to what I’m sure will be a strong year for the team in 2014 - and more excitingly, with a new car. It might be a Tourer, but it’s still a Civic, the car that has won every championship in BTCC for the last three seasons. I’m really looking forward to the challenge of next season, and to seeing what the Tourer can do on race day.”

Matt Neal added: “We’re all confident that the car can continue the long-standing success of the Civic in the championship and very much looking forward to putting it through its paces. Although we’re racing a new model, the inherent advantages of the Civic hatchback from the past two years remain so there’s no reason why this car can’t be a winner straight out of the box! We’ll be testing the car early in the new year and I can’t wait to see it on track.”

Peter Crolla, Team Manager commented: “Racing with the Civic Tourer means no compromise over the Civic hatchback. The weight, wheelbase, layout and suspension remain the same, but naturally, the length of the car is extended due to the larger tailgate. After two competitive seasons in the BTCC with the hatchback, it will be an interesting challenge to ensure the Tourer keeps Matt, Flash and the team at the head of the championships throughout next season. We’ve worked hard over the past few months to develop the first car which will be completed as we head towards the new year, with the first run scheduled for early January.”

Phil Crossman, Managing Director, Honda (UK) concluded: “We wanted to add a new challenge to the mix and really show what Honda and the team can do. By racing the new Tourer after several years with the Civic hatchback we can really showcase our growing range and demonstrate that the versatility and practicality of a Tourer doesn’t compromise dynamic performance. We are only four months away from the start of the 2014 season and I can’t wait to see the cars out on the track. They’re going to look great and there’s no doubt in my mind that they will win races.”

Testing of the new model commences in January ahead of its race debut at Brands Hatch for the first round of the 2014 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship on 29/30 March.

BTCC :: Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship
Last edited by smokinmasta; 06-02-2014 at 09:42 PM.
Old 29-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #2
TfR Spiny Anteater
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
Spiny Anteater
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Photocomp Winner 
Saw this and immediately thought of the Aerodeck from the '80's. The idea behind that was that instead of using a spoiler to produce downforce (although I doubt there was much at road speeds), a long roofline created downforce at the back without a significant increase in drag. Could be their way of trying to counteract the Civic being one of the slower cars in a straight line.

We all learn from our mistakes. I am very well educated...

RIP Stuart (Hoonta). Gone. Not Forgotten.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:56 AM   #3
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
YouTube Profile
A 3rd MG to run in 2014 season.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by smokinmasta; 04-12-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
YouTube Profile
AMD now with a focus.....
Old 12-12-2013, 09:37 AM   #5
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
YouTube Profile
Rob Austin looses main sponsor

Rob Austin Racing Loses Main Sponsor - BTCC, Touring Cars - The Checkered Flag
Old 12-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #6
Sumn3r
Mechanic

Gamertag
Sumn3r
PSN Tag
KSumn3r
Rep
vCash
yeah now with adam morgan, so is it guna be wix racing mercedes or still guna be ciceley racing?
----------------------------
Old 12-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #7
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
YouTube Profile
Cicely as thats the business name too.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:40 PM   #8
TG Axiom
Team GIZMO

Gamertag
TG Axiom
PSN Tag
JoeperkinS
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Driver Award 
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10153709294690343&id=1656 70750141050

Matt Neal thinking he's mint. Told him he's not
Old 09-01-2014, 06:59 PM   #9
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
YouTube Profile
Lol I've liked it Joe

Old 09-01-2014, 08:30 PM   #10
TG Axiom
Team GIZMO

Gamertag
TG Axiom
PSN Tag
JoeperkinS
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Driver Award 
Originally Posted by smokinmasta View Post
Lol I've liked it Joe

Old 27-01-2014, 09:43 PM   #11
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
YouTube Profile
Whoa!! Didnt see that coming!!

Open in YouTube SD | Open in YouTube HD (when available)
Old 27-01-2014, 10:08 PM   #12
TG Axiom
Team GIZMO

Gamertag
TG Axiom
PSN Tag
JoeperkinS
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Driver Award 
One hell of a season I thinks. Last year my 'meet up' thread flopped, who's up for a meet this year. Nathan me and my bro had a great time and met up with Davey too.
Old 27-01-2014, 11:41 PM   #13
TfR Magic
Race Driver

Gamertag
TfR Magic
PSN Tag
TG-MagicBoy
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
As usual I'll try and get to Donington and Oulton.
Old 31-01-2014, 11:44 PM   #14
TG Axiom
Team GIZMO

Gamertag
TG Axiom
PSN Tag
JoeperkinS
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Driver Award 
Probes be looking at Snetterton again come August as last year was a great weekend

Comments

Old 01-02-2014, 01:57 AM   #15
GMTS Shanklin15
Test Driver

Gamertag
Shanklin15
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Paintjob Award 
Targetting Oulton and possibly donington

Museum of Transport, Greater Manchester

Not just any old buses but the best!!
Old 06-02-2014, 09:39 PM   #16
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
YouTube Profile
Another returnee.................

Airwaves Racing confirms two-time BTCC champion Fabrizio Giovanardi

Airwaves Racing has ignited its most ambitious Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship programme to date by revealing multiple touring car champion and BTCC legend Fabrizio Giovanardi as the Motorbase Performance-run squad’s new signing for the 2014 season.

Team Principal David Bartrum chose to officially unveil the news during a one-off special edition of the Tin-Top Tuesday radio show earlier this evening (4 February), and the news was simultaneously published on the official BTCC.net website.

“This is a very important year for Airwaves Racing. This is going to be the one when we really do underline the product we’ve built here at Motorbase Performance and Fabrizio is the man to show you how it should go,” said Bartrum. “I tried to get Fabrizio on board a couple of years ago, we’ve talked a lot about touring cars and this year I decided just before Christmas that was the right way to try and go. It was something that Airwaves set out in their criteria; they wanted us to up our game, and I was very happy to meet it.”

With former champion Giovanardi behind the wheel of the Mountune-powered Ford Focus ST NGTC, the Wrotham-based squad’s sights are set firmly on a return to winning ways after a challenging start to the 2013 season. “The intentions are the same as last year, the team wants to win” continued Bartrum. “We want to win races and we want to go after the championship and if you’re going to go after the championship this is the year to do it. There are thirty cars on the grid and possibly seven guys that have won it before; so I think it’s a fantastic year for Giovanardi to come back and join us.

“A lot of work has gone into the car over the winter. I’m really pleased with what the team has done, they’ve worked very hard. As I’ve said before, you need to take a step back and look sometimes, that’s what we’ve done and now we’re hoping to get the reward.

“We’ve always been proud of our driver line-up and no more this year than last year, but this year it’s got a little Italian spice to it that might take the team forward that bit more.”

With back to back 2007/2008 championship titles to his name; Giovanardi has an impressive BTCC pedigree. With 122 appearances, 41 podiums and 24 race wins already under his belt, the twice crowned BTCC champion was last seen in the championship in the 2010 season, where he celebrated two race wins and two podiums during the opening weekend at Thruxton.

Following his four year break from the championship Giovanardi is delighted to be joining the Airwaves Racing squad and relishing his highly-anticipated return to the illustrious BTCC grid. “I am really looking forward to coming back to this special championship. For the last four years I have done long distance racing and for me, it’s quite boring! I need to be fighting for championships and this is the best place to find that, so I’m really happy to be back. Obviously, I have to respect the other guys out there but I want to come here and try to win another championship; I need to win the third one!”

Giovanardi’s union with the Airwaves Racing team has been a long time in the making, with behind the scenes talks with the Motorbase Performance Team Boss going as far back as 2010. “When I stopped racing with Triple Eight I had a chat with David Bartrum and we tried to find a deal, but there wasn’t the condition to do that, so now after four years, David has given me the technical effort to win the championship.”

“In 2008 and 2009 I had a big battle with this team and they were one of the teams to beat then. After four years I believe they’ve got good experience, they’ve grown up and they are right at this time to give me the winning chance,” added Giovanardi. “These are passionate guys, it’s a small team but with people that work well together. Good people and the right people make the right target and I believe straight away that we can be one of the teams fighting for the championship.”

The Airwaves Racing squad will be embarking on its winter testing programme in the coming weeks ahead of the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship’s official Season Launch to be held at Donington Park on 18 March. The 2014 BTCC season opener takes place at Motorbase Performance’s local track, Brands Hatch on March 29/30.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:42 PM   #17
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
YouTube Profile

Mercedes taking shape

The WIX Racing Mercedes A Class will be one of a number of new designs expected for the 2014 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship. As the first Mercedes to contest the championship since the late 1980s, the Ciceley Racing-run car has caused quite a stir, and btcc.net caught up with driver Adam Morgan for an exclusive update on the build.

A new car is always an exciting prospect for a racing driver – have you been getting a lot of feedback since the car was announced?

We’ve had lots of people taking interest since we made the announcement. Lots of Mercedes magazines want to write about it and the reception from the fans has been great – everyone’s getting involved!

What was the thinking behind the switch to a Mercedes?

Ciceley Commercials is a Mercedes Benz truck and van dealership that my dad’s run for more than 30 years, so it made sense to go down this route. We’ve got a lot of connections through the business, and we proved in 2013 that we can be consistently competitive as a team, so hopefully it will be beneficial to us in the long term as well as attract attention!

The NGTC regulations mean that a lot of the components from your 2013 car can be used in the new build – how has this helped you as one of the smaller teams in the paddock?

It’s one of the major positives of the NGTC regulations for sure. We’ve stripped a lot of the components off my Toyota from last year and fitted them to the new shell. Obviously there are some things that are brand new or needed replacing from the old car, but it’s made life a lot easier for the team having these regulations in place.

What stage is the car now at?

Right now we’re doing all the welding and fabrication before everything gets sent away to be painted. Once we get that back then we can get the full build underway – the plan is to be ready for testing by the end of February and at this stage everything is on course for that to happen.

How different do you expect the Mercedes to be compared to the Toyota you’ve driven previously?

It’s going to be really interesting for me to see how different they are. The only front-wheel-drive touring car I’ve ever driven is the Toyota – obviously the Mercedes is smaller and has a shorter wheelbase, so it will handle differently. I know the team will put together a competitive car, it’s going to be up to me to get my head around the differences and move forward from where we were last year.

For the first time this year you’ve got a title sponsor in the form of WIX Filters – what can we expect the car to look like once the build is complete?

It’s great to have WIX on board as a sponsor and the car will be instantly recognisable. I’m not going to give any details away at the moment, but you’ll definitely see it coming!

Head over to the Official BTCC Facebook page to see more spy shots of the car in-build.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:19 PM   #18
TfR Milton
Race Driver

Gamertag
TfR Milton
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Best Rookie Award 
YouTube Profile
Not good news. Was Really in the up and I liked him

Championship racing driver jailed after crashing and killing cyclist while on the phone to his girlfriend | Mail Online

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2014, 10:41 PM   #19
TfR Magic
Race Driver

Gamertag
TfR Magic
PSN Tag
TG-MagicBoy
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
Seriously? He got off very lightly in my opinion. I'll leave it at that for the moment.

I didn't expect anything less than a jail sentence. Wrathall did virtually no PR or interviews at the BTCC races after the incident and didn't get into the Top 10. He knew what was likely heading his way.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:50 PM   #20
TfR JohnG
Race Driver

Gamertag
TfR JohnG
Rep
vCash
Twitter Profile
Send a message via MSN to JohnG
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
Seriously? He got off very lightly in my opinion. I'll leave it at that for the moment.

I didn't expect anything less than a jail sentence. Wrathall did virtually no PR or interviews at the BTCC races after the incident and didn't get into the Top 10. He knew what was likely heading his way.

Agreed. 21 months for death by careless driving? 5 year stretch should be expected.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2014, 02:49 AM   #21
TfR Magic
Race Driver

Gamertag
TfR Magic
PSN Tag
TG-MagicBoy
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
... and he'll be out for Christmas most likely.

There's a family out there missing a son, husband and father.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:51 AM   #22
TfR Spiny Anteater
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
Spiny Anteater
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Photocomp Winner 
Got to agree - 21 months is extremely light for killing someone.

I can only assume that the sentence was reduced due to the victim not wearing a cycle helmet (lesson there for us all) which may have saved his life.

We all learn from our mistakes. I am very well educated...

RIP Stuart (Hoonta). Gone. Not Forgotten.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:02 PM   #23
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
YouTube Profile
And lesson for all.................get off your fckin phones when driving, half wits.
Get behind the wheel of a killing machine and 100% of your attention should be driving
Old 11-02-2014, 11:55 AM   #24
TG Axiom
Team GIZMO

Gamertag
TG Axiom
PSN Tag
JoeperkinS
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Driver Award 
Originally Posted by Spiny Anteater View Post
Got to agree - 21 months is extremely light for killing someone.

I can only assume that the sentence was reduced due to the victim not wearing a cycle helmet (lesson there for us all) which may have saved his life.

No helmet!? ... I think that's enough to waive any charge.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:03 PM   #25
TfR JohnG
Race Driver

Gamertag
TfR JohnG
Rep
vCash
Twitter Profile
Send a message via MSN to JohnG
Originally Posted by Axiom View Post

Who are you again?

Old 11-02-2014, 01:17 PM   #26
TfR Magic
Race Driver

Gamertag
TfR Magic
PSN Tag
TG-MagicBoy
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
Originally Posted by Axiom View Post

Helmet is common sense, not a legal requirement. There was also medical evidence that a helmet wouldn't have helped in this incident.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:58 PM   #27
TG Axiom
Team GIZMO

Gamertag
TG Axiom
PSN Tag
JoeperkinS
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Driver Award 
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Who are you again?

I'm a Dr !!!!
Old 18-02-2014, 02:36 PM   #28
[HLR] totlxtc
Race Driver

Gamertag
Totlxtc
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Photocomp Winner Member of the Month 
Send a message via MSN to totlxtc
Quick question...Is the BTCC still on normal TV? or has it gone to some satellite tosh like everything I want to watch? I thought it was going to BT Sport but had a look and ITV4 seems to be on it. Any help will be welcomed as I love a nice Sunday afternoon with the BTCC.

EDIT: Don't worry - It was Moto GP that is over at BT shite

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna
"Sex...the breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Last edited by totlxtc; 18-02-2014 at 02:46 PM.
Old 25-02-2014, 03:49 PM   #29
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
YouTube Profile
Update for the merc team tonight 20.00

BTCC | WIX Racing’s Mercedes livery to be unveiled tonight

Old 25-02-2014, 08:59 PM   #30
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
YouTube Profile

Open in YouTube SD | Open in YouTube HD (when available)

Tags
101, btcc, cars, challenge, championship, class, driving, facebook, feedback, focus, gallery, happy, jailed, king, legend, news, page, race, racing, running, season, spy, sweep, tapatalk, testing, win