Go Back   FMUK > Forza Motorsport 5 > General Forza 5 discussion

Register Now for FREE!
Our records show you have not yet registered. To sign up and get instant access to all our features, simply fill out the form below.

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
  I agree to forum rules 

User Tag List

Old 08-01-2014, 06:43 PM   #1111
TfR Milton
Race Driver

Gamertag
TfR Milton
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Best Rookie Award 
YouTube Profile
Originally Posted by smokinmasta View Post
I want a 1975 MK3 Cortina 2.0 GT in Daytona Yellow. My dad took me out for unofficial lessons in his on the local industrial estate when i was 16 (cant get away with that these days on the whole!!) Is it likely, no, but here's hoping for at least a MK1 Scort - 73 or 74 will do?? Or even a proper Lotus Sunbeam or Chevette HSR

Open in YouTube SD | Open in YouTube HD (when available)

Think someone needs a temp ban for posting drift video ;-)

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2014, 07:52 PM   #1112
TfR Spiny Anteater
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
Spiny Anteater
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Photocomp Winner 
Originally Posted by Milton View Post
Think someone needs a temp ban for posting drift video ;-)

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

To be fair, the handling characteristics of these meant that at speed you had a choice for a corner of kicking the ****-end out in a powerslide (not drifting!), or suffering catastrophic understeer.

And on a completely unrelated topic, I came across a few polygons racing career last night:

Click the image to open in full size.

We all learn from our mistakes. I am very well educated...

RIP Stuart (Hoonta). Gone. Not Forgotten.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:52 PM   #1113
TfR Doony
Race Driver

Gamertag
TfR Doony
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Paintjob Award 
Send a message via MSN to Doony
Originally Posted by Spiny Anteater View Post
To be fair, the handling characteristics of these meant that at speed you had a choice for a corner of kicking the ****-end out in a powerslide (not drifting!), or suffering catastrophic understeer.

And on a completely unrelated topic, I came across a few polygons racing career last night:

Click the image to open in full size.

Ouch.. that's nasty. Reminds me of some of the images of 'non premium' cars in GT5.
Old 16-01-2014, 05:41 PM   #1114
Anx
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
PTG Anxious
Rep
vCash
Awards
Member of the Month Photocomp Winner 
So...I've taken the plunge and spent a whole heap of cash that was supposed to be for something else, on an XBone and FM5!

The game, well it looks superb! But i do have a few issues with it:

Locking the brakes - Anyone got any controller settings to help me from locking up at every corner??? Slightest touch the left trigger, skid straight on/into the back of the car in front!!! I've adjusted the settings based on what Stoney (i think) suggested, changing it to 0/100 for the 2, but its only marginally better.

The menus - choosing an individual race in career is a pain in the ass!!! I think you have to complete the first 5 or so races before being able to select a specific race? Plus going from one race straight into the next, with the track loading up before you can quit to the menus??? Who thought up that silly idea????

Finding tunes paints - Finding where to get a paint job is ok, although the recommended section is usually full of crap. Although it did show up Dans very good Braille Ferrari F12, so it does work, slightly. Finding tunes on the other hand, fookin hell!!!!!!! Took me over an HOUR to realise that you actually had to go into tuning and attempt to LOAD a setup (even though i didn't have any for the car?!?!? Not sure why i tried it hahaha), at which point i spotted where they were! God damn awful way of doing it!!!

There are some positives, the rumble technology through the triggers is outstanding, letting you know when your car is close to breaking loose. And while the Drivatars do some random things on occasion, seeing them make mistakes and race more like a real person would is a very welcome addition. Even managed to beat Greeksnipers drivatar yesterday, although he did keep trying to Tbone my F12 with his bullet of an Exige S And i'm sure i'll find a lot of other things i really like as i've only scratched the surface (and my mind is a little elsewhere at the mo), but its easy to see why people feel the game is only half finished.

Anyway, just a few initial thoughts after playing the game for a couple of evenings

Anx

R.I.P H00nta
Pendulum Tuning Group
Forzatographer and occasional tuner (very occasional )
Old 16-01-2014, 05:45 PM   #1115
[HLR] totlxtc
Race Driver

Gamertag
Totlxtc
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Photocomp Winner Member of the Month 
Send a message via MSN to totlxtc
You only found the Braille F12 as it is a featured paint for this week....otherwise you would have to follow me but of course you would of had to try to find anything I have done first. Awful system hated by everyone!

You found tuning quicker than me....took me 3 days!

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna
"Sex...the breakfast of champions" - James Hunt

Tags
cars, drift, driving, engine, fm4, fm5, forza, forza 4, free, games, intro, live, lobby, microsoft, night, online, page, paint, plays, post, race, racing, sony, tfr, tuning, xbox