Go Back   FMUK > Forza Motorsport 5 > General Forza 5 discussion

Register Now for FREE!
Our records show you have not yet registered. To sign up and get instant access to all our features, simply fill out the form below.

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
  I agree to forum rules 

User Tag List

Old 19-01-2015, 07:11 PM   #31
TfR Magic
Race Driver

Gamertag
TfR Magic
PSN Tag
TG-MagicBoy
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
Best selling car game...were there others for the Xbox One at the time??

Not like it was bundled in with the console.... oh wait, hang on it was.
Old 19-01-2015, 07:40 PM   #32
TfR Spiny Anteater
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
Spiny Anteater
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Photocomp Winner 
Yup...I have never wanted to buy a plane ticket to Seattle just to punch someone in the face so hard in the world EVER!!!!

It does seem as though the presence of Beardy Dan is acting as some sort of negative advertising now

It wouldn't be so bad if there was something different in the spiel to what was said before FM5, but so far I haven't seen anything. But, my two big hopes for this year on the games front are:

1) PCars on the XB1 does live up to what has been seen on the PC, or at least the playability side of it does
2) FM6 lives up to the trend for even Forzas to be very good, as opposed to the odd ones which aren't so. Given that there also seems to be some sort of correlation between the weak Forzas and the presence of Audi in the run-up publicity, I'm hoping for a paucity of 4-rings in the pre-launch guff too.

We all learn from our mistakes. I am very well educated...

RIP Stuart (Hoonta). Gone. Not Forgotten.
Old 20-01-2015, 02:53 PM   #33
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
Member of the Month Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
Lets just hope and pray that at the very least all the missing things come back in 1 form or another.
Thats what most of us want, not much to ask you'd think?
  • For painters im sure their storefront would be a welcome return at least - they did shoot themselves in the foot by the pressure they put T10 under to stop stealing, forgetting T10 would opt for a lazy solution in the form of sharefront.
  • Private lobbies simply need decent sensible options and able to save them!
  • Distance meters!!
  • Sharing material and tunes!
  • Tracks - the lack of tracks is sad. How about a return of old favs too?
  • I hate to use the phrase - Patches!! Dan hit the nail on the head about releasing half done games then patching. However, updates and patches are sadly what Forza needs. This game hasnt been touched for nearly a year and its showing. A little tweak here and little tweak there, MS changed patching policy for the better i thought? (where it doesnt take an age or a fortune anymore?)
  • Anything else?
Old 20-01-2015, 03:31 PM   #34
[HLR] totlxtc
Race Driver

Gamertag
Totlxtc
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Photocomp Winner Member of the Month 
Send a message via MSN to totlxtc
It's sad to say, but developers fix what they want to fix now. Not the game breaking or the "Would be nice to haves".

FM5 needed so little to make it better. I don't know if you guys know or not, but the distance meter was there in the game. It was seen in action in T10's office. What broke it was the day one patch on the game. Since then the option in the menu was simply removed and that was deemed good enough to be called fixed. That is one example. The others could of been fixed so easy.

Take Destiny for example...a game developed by the well loved Bungie. They have failed to please the community by patching the things they want (usually cheeses in the game) yet game breaking experiences (raid boss constant bugs) are left in. Even stuff that was pointed out at beta is still in the game.

I am slowly rethinking my gaming habit. I believe getting the games on release is a false economy and frustrating experience of non working, buggy and under developed games. Instead save anything from a tenner to half price 6 weeks later and get a view off friends and a part fixed experience.

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna
"Sex...the breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Old 20-01-2015, 03:43 PM   #35
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
YouTube Profile

FM5 needed so little to make it better. I don't know if you guys know or not, but the distance meter was there in the game. It was seen in action in T10's office. What broke it was the day one patch on the game. Since then the option in the menu was simply removed and that was deemed good enough to be called fixed. That is one example. The others could of been fixed so easy.

Yes i remember us having the conversation in chat! And all the car group options
which havent exactly been filled up have they! As you say, very little needed to make 5 a better game.
Im having the best fun in racing AI in race room ATM. Got AI to around 96% to get a good balance between having a good race and having them put up a real fight. I took 3 laps getting past a 5th place car in ADAC and it was a real blast. Sound of these beasts is brilliant.

Pcars im liking too but PC REALLY struggles so cant really compare. But racing in the rain and falling light is mad!
Old 20-01-2015, 07:41 PM   #36
TfR Spiny Anteater
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
Spiny Anteater
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Photocomp Winner 
Originally Posted by smokinmasta View Post
[*]For painters im sure their storefront would be a welcome return at least - they did shoot themselves in the foot by the pressure they put T10 under to stop stealing, forgetting T10 would opt for a lazy solution in the form of sharefront.

Thing is, the sharefront could work if they hadn't gone about it in a completely halfarsed way. Just to have it that if you use a paint or a tune, the original artist or tuner earns 0.5 or 1% of your earnings from any race where they're used would have given it enough of an impetus to make people think it was worthwhile rather than the complete mess we have now where you only earn on a given day if the game feels like giving you money. (As an added bonus, it would also stop the annoying freelance messages you have to look at to stop them coming up all the time.) Combine that with the search function from the FM4 storefronts and I think it would have worked just fine.

As it stands in FM5 though, it's just an annoying non-functioning mess.

We all learn from our mistakes. I am very well educated...

RIP Stuart (Hoonta). Gone. Not Forgotten.
Old 22-01-2015, 11:02 AM   #37
Senna s1979
Race team Owner

Rep
vCash
This is why PC gaming is on the up i believe. If the developers can't or won't fix something - the players will.

But because of this the developers imho put more into fixing the bigger issues. Most recent would be RRRE - they have basically re-wrote the code from the ground up in the last 6 months and it's went from a bit of tat to one of the best sims out there.
All because the listened to what the paying customer wants.

Maybe it's a console thing - they promise fixes - bundled with DLC conveniently (BF4).
If i was a tin foil hat guy you would say it's deliberate.....
Old 22-01-2015, 11:30 AM   #38
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
YouTube Profile
Agreed with the above. RRE is missing from steam atm and nobody is answering questions......hope they don't fck up EA style

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Tags
big, cars, class, facebook, feedback, fm4, fm5, forza, games, happy, lobby, news, night, online, patch, post, race, racing, settings, tapatalk, tuning, win, world, xbox, yup