Go Back   FMUK > General > Discussion

Register Now for FREE!
Our records show you have not yet registered. To sign up and get instant access to all our features, simply fill out the form below.

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
  I agree to forum rules 

Old 21-06-2011, 02:37 PM   #61
HLR AlphaDog
Race Driver

Gamertag
HLR AlphaDog
Rep
vCash
Sad news when anyone passes. You guys have a GREAT sense of humor here, but i fear that sometimes you forget when to NOT use it. It's death, nothing funny about it.

Comments

Old 21-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #62
HLR Woody
Race Team Manager

At the bottom of the world. Just slightly north of Antarctica.
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
Twitter Profile
Ah, there lies the greatest difference between Americans and Brits. Brits will make a joke of anything, especially death, where as Americans are a little more reserved about death.

Oh, and maybe Big Bopper was a wrong choice. Perhaps I should have picked Kurt Cobain instead. Dead for 20 years, yet people are still buying his stuff. I can't see people buying Jackass DVDs in 20 years time.
Old 21-06-2011, 03:01 PM   #63
WiggyDiggyPoo

Gamertag
wiggydiggypoo
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Driver Award 
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Ah, there lies the greatest difference between Americans and Brits. Brits will make a joke of anything, especially death, where as Americans are a little more reserved about death.

Oh, and maybe Big Bopper was a wrong choice. Perhaps I should have picked Kurt Cobain instead. Dead for 20 years, yet people are still buying his stuff. I can't see people buying Jackass DVDs in 20 years time.

Ah Kurt, another man I'm a fan of yet also died in difficult circumstances. And saying that I never noticed he was dead till some years later when I started listening to Nirvana.

I'd say you were bang on the money Woods with Johnny Cash/Big Bopper as the 'legends'. Cobain for all his skills and influence I feel has yet to reach and likely never will reach as big an audience as JC/BB.

Obv Dunn has an even lesser influence, yet I am still sorry he is gone and genuinely liked the bloke for seemingly being a little more 'down to earth' than some of the other Jackass Crew.

@Alpha

We do have a twisted sense of humour and I do about the subject in particular, for personal reasons (ie I dont want to die) I find death uncomfortable to talk about and so introduce humour to help me deal with it
Old 21-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #64
HLR AlphaDog
Race Driver

Gamertag
HLR AlphaDog
Rep
vCash
Nervous laughter, i get it,lol.
Old 21-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #65
hOnG k0nG fu3y
Race Driver

Gamertag
hOnG k0nG fU3y
Rep
vCash
if the post was "Ryan Dunn dead"

how many whould actually know it was 1 of the guys from jackass?
Legend. Not even close. Just an **** dicking around on TV. The world is full of em
Old 21-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #66
McQuiston
Race Driver

Gamertag
Megalomanic 87
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
Twitter Profile YouTube Profile
Regardless of your opinions guys, someones died and i think the smallest amount of respect should be paid to his friends n family at least...
Old 21-06-2011, 04:03 PM   #67
scuppy182
Race Driver

Rep
vCash
Originally Posted by sUiCyDe SiD View Post
if the post was "Ryan Dunn dead"

how many whould actually know it was 1 of the guys from jackass?
Legend. Not even close. Just an **** dicking around on TV. The world is full of em

i would have known. just putting it out there

not sure he deserves the legend title but does deserve some respect.
Old 21-06-2011, 05:32 PM   #68
Raul
[b]SIN BINNED[/b]

Gamertag
FMS F Alonso
Rep
vCash
This is more of a popularity contest than anything else
Old 21-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #69
M4RINE365
Test Driver

Gamertag
M4RINE365
Rep
vCash
Awards
Determination Award 
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
Sad news when anyone passes. You guys have a GREAT sense of humor here, but i fear that sometimes you forget when to NOT use it. It's death, nothing funny about it.

humour is a way some of us deal with death over here. An example would be that me and my mum were watching a film which was quite sad when a particular character died she flled up with tears i made jokes just how we deal with stuff theres a scrubs episode actually that covers it

i wish i could put the full extract in but its longer than 500 words
Old 21-06-2011, 06:26 PM   #70
TfR Spiny Anteater
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
Spiny Anteater
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Photocomp Winner 
Originally Posted by McQuiston View Post
Regardless of your opinions guys, someones died and i think the smallest amount of respect should be paid to his friends n family at least...

Not sure he does deserve any respect really - he drunk and drove and killed his friend in the process. The only good thing is that he didn't take any other innocent lives in the process. As far as I'm concerned, that's one less drink driver on the roads which is a good thing in my book.

Hopefully this will make more people aware of the dangers of drink driving, although as it seems more prevalent in the older generations I'm not sure how much of an impact his death will have.

Comments

Spot on

We all learn from our mistakes. I am very well educated...

RIP Stuart (Hoonta). Gone. Not Forgotten.
Old 21-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #71
OcR Pirate
Race Driver

Gamertag
OcR Pirate
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
Originally Posted by WiggyDiggyPoo View Post
But I'll let anyone off on Big Bopper, he is likely only to be known to those who either are fans of 'old school' rock and roll or are musical history buffs...

Big Bopper was on one of the first CDs I ever owned, and I'm only 19 Cool dude. Definitely more of a legend than Cobain, no-one wrote an American Pie about him tbh...

Dunn, I dunno who you were really, and I don't care, but thanks for entertaining people I guess. You didn't deserve to die but I guess it was kind of obvious that you'd probably die doing something really ****ing stupid. (That's your epitaph from me I guess.)

Also, yeah, Brits make jokes about everything bad ever. Sickipedia is a british-owned site, let's just leave it at that
Old 21-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #72
HLR AlphaDog
Race Driver

Gamertag
HLR AlphaDog
Rep
vCash
Originally Posted by Spiny Anteater View Post
Not sure he does deserve any respect really - he drunk and drove and killed his friend in the process. The only good thing is that he didn't take any other innocent lives in the process. As far as I'm concerned, that's one less drink driver on the roads which is a good thing in my book.

Hopefully this will make more people aware of the dangers of drink driving, although as it seems more prevalent in the older generations I'm not sure how much of an impact his death will have.

I get that we ALL use humor in different ways. I just think there is a time and a place for it. Also, do we know that HE was drink(it's drunk btw,lol) driving? Look, this is how i look at it....if someone close to me were to perish, no matter what the circumstances, and then i were to come to a website and see all kinds of joking about said loved one, i sure as hell wouldn't be happy. Yes, i know that none of his loved ones will ever frequent this site, it's just having a healthy respect for those that have passed and realizing how precious life is.
Old 21-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #73
HLR Woody
Race Team Manager

Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
Twitter Profile
Originally Posted by Spiny Anteater View Post

Quite a lot if you're an innocent tree just quitely going about your business.

Comments

hahahaaha
Old 21-06-2011, 06:52 PM   #74
TfR Spiny Anteater
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
Spiny Anteater
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Photocomp Winner 
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
I get that we ALL use humor in different ways. I just think there is a time and a place for it. Also, do we know that HE was drink(it's drunk btw,lol) driving? Look, this is how i look at it....if someone close to me were to perish, no matter what the circumstances, and then i were to come to a website and see all kinds of joking about said loved one, i sure as hell wouldn't be happy. Yes, i know that none of his loved ones will ever frequent this site, it's just having a healthy respect for those that have passed and realizing how precious life is.

It's usually referred to as drink driving this side of the pond

I know that what I wrote probably does seem harsh, but I'm afraid I just have no sympathy. OK, we don't know how much he drunk, but the fact that he posted a picture of himself with the beer beforehand does suggest on the balance of probabilities that he was. Then he went out and drove a 400bhp+ car. That's just asking for someone to be killed in my opinion, and as I said above I'm glad it was just him rather than some innocent motorist coming the other way.

Sorry if that does sound harsh, it's just that I have no time for people who drink and drive. It's fine to have no respect for their own life if that's how they feel, but to have to respect for the lives of others is beyond the pale as far as I'm concerned.

We all learn from our mistakes. I am very well educated...

RIP Stuart (Hoonta). Gone. Not Forgotten.
Old 21-06-2011, 07:24 PM   #75
HLR AlphaDog
Race Driver

Gamertag
HLR AlphaDog
Rep
vCash
I understand Spiny, i agree with the stance on DD 100%. It stupid assed comments like the one above yours that are unneeded.
Old 21-06-2011, 07:29 PM   #76
Raul
[b]SIN BINNED[/b]

Gamertag
FMS F Alonso
Rep
vCash
"However, police filed the report as an 'auto accident' rather than 'DUI' (driving under the influence) so there is no proof that Dunn was drunk at the time of the crash."

"On June 20, 2011, at approximately 3:30 a.m. EDT, Dunn and friend Zachary Hartwell died when his Porsche 911 GT3 came off the road and hit a tree in West Goshen Township, Pennsylvania. TMZ reported that Dunn had posted a photo of himself drinking with friends a few hours before on Twitter and police said that speed may have been a factor."

He was drinking and well that might of been only his 1st or 2nd you dont know and well it was only a little plastic cup lol so it wasnt like he was at a pub chucking pints down his throat then going out driving...but to be honest that picture looked like a civilised drink with mates and a smoke and none of them actually looked drunk....if he posted a picture of himself at a party with a beer dancing around etc. then it may of been a different story lol and it said that the car hit a tree so he might of made a mistake or something but its easier to see it as drink driving cause of the picture, and well it was a porsche so he may of been driving over the speed limit and lost control which ofcourse is still irresponsible, but there was more than just Dunne who was drunk IF they were so it wasnt just him who could of been drunk, his mate could of been too so IF they were drunk they are both as bad as each other. Sorry to make it sound as if im desperate to defend him but its just how i see it.
Last edited by Raul; 21-06-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 21-06-2011, 07:30 PM   #77
Slim
Race team Owner

Gamertag
PzR Slim
Rep
vCash
Apparently it's going to be 4-6 weeks until the toxicology report is released. Seems like a long time, do they normally take that long?
Old 21-06-2011, 07:34 PM   #78
HLR AlphaDog
Race Driver

Gamertag
HLR AlphaDog
Rep
vCash
As far as i know, yes Slim. It's not like it's CSI,lol. Otherwise, we'd have known within the hour.
Old 21-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #79
Lucky Mushman
Legendary Comic

Gamertag
PzR mushman
Rep
vCash
Twitter Profile
Send a message via MSN to Mushman
New pics of him at the bar, allegedly.

http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/ryan...ecent&id=94496

Those kids couldn't be more gay than if they were playing beach volleyball.....................(2 hours later) Oh! They're now playing volleyball with a space-hopper!!!!! (Silverstone 2011)

Spit-roast?............................I can't be @rsed! (Silverstone 2010)
Old 21-06-2011, 07:59 PM   #80
M4RINE365
Test Driver

Gamertag
M4RINE365
Rep
vCash
Awards
Determination Award 
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Quite a lot if you're an innocent tree just quitely going about your business.

that tickled me quite abit

i wish i could put the full extract in but its longer than 500 words
Old 21-06-2011, 08:41 PM   #81
Raul
[b]SIN BINNED[/b]

Gamertag
FMS F Alonso
Rep
vCash
Originally Posted by Mushman View Post
New pics of him at the bar, allegedly.

http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/ryan...ecent&id=94496

and not one of them shows a drink in his hand or near him...
Old 21-06-2011, 08:45 PM   #82
Lucky Mushman
Legendary Comic

Gamertag
PzR mushman
Rep
vCash
Twitter Profile
Send a message via MSN to Mushman
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
and not one of them shows a drink in his hand or near him...

indeed, unlike the one he tweeted.

Although he doesn't look 'in the best of health', in the last one especially.

Those kids couldn't be more gay than if they were playing beach volleyball.....................(2 hours later) Oh! They're now playing volleyball with a space-hopper!!!!! (Silverstone 2011)

Spit-roast?............................I can't be @rsed! (Silverstone 2010)
Old 21-06-2011, 08:51 PM   #83
HLR AlphaDog
Race Driver

Gamertag
HLR AlphaDog
Rep
vCash
Quite frankly, i suspect that he was less intoxicated, and more driving like a moron in his Porsche.
Old 21-06-2011, 08:53 PM   #84
Newt
Race Driver

Gamertag
LastNewtStandin
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Member of the Month Best Rookie Award 
Twitter Profile
I think everyone should just have their opinion and perhaps stop jumping on the opinions of others.

Im sure Osama bin ladens wives and kids, relatives and supporters might view half the world dancing in the streets celebrating his death as a little disrespectful.

That is just an example, I know there is a big difference between somebody who killed thousands and somebody who killed their friend by having a drink (1 is enough) and speeding along a road crashing through the woods and burying it in a tree quite a distance in. Ok there may have been oil on the road or something. But Osama may have been mentally ill and not to blame either.

Just have your say guys and stop getting wound up by others opinions.

Yes its sad for his family that he died. But how might his friends family be feeling?

Fair points I feel and not trying to prompt argument.

Comments

Ambitious but Rubbish Racing - Slow by name not by nature
Old 21-06-2011, 09:09 PM   #85
HLR AlphaDog
Race Driver

Gamertag
HLR AlphaDog
Rep
vCash
I agree Newt. i guess i just don't see the point of talking crap about someone who has passed, under more normal circumstances. Rather than OBN. You know, if you don't have anything nice to say......i guess that's just my point. Either say, gee, that sucks, or don't comment at all. Simple.
Old 21-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #86
Jam
Race Driver

Gamertag
Cluck Norris
Rep
vCash
Aye lets just leave it.

What's done is Dunn...

Comments

*groan*

So crap it was funny :o

Good thread stopper
Old 16-08-2011, 11:08 PM   #87
HLR Woody
Race Team Manager

Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
Twitter Profile
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
Apparently it's going to be 4-6 weeks until the toxicology report is released. Seems like a long time, do they normally take that long?

Anyone heard anything about these toxicology reports?

Tags
big, cops, cup, driving, film, final, fmuk, funny, gossip, greatest, happy, history, killed, king, legend, news, night, osama, photo, pictures, points, post, replica, school, tfr, welcome, world