Go Back   FMUK > General > Motors and Motorsports

Register Now for FREE!
Our records show you have not yet registered. To sign up and get instant access to all our features, simply fill out the form below.

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
  I agree to forum rules 

Old 26-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
Warrior
Race Driver

Gamertag
HLR Warrior
Rep
vCash
Cool Wtcc 2013

Circuit Information.

Autodromo di Monza
Italy 23-24 March 2013

One of the most famous and fastest racetracks in the world, home to the Italian F1 Grand Prix, opened in 1922 and receives the FIA WTCC for the eighth time.
Circuit Moulay El Hassan, Marrakech
Morocco 06-07 April 2013

The FIA WTCC inaugurated in 2009 this street circuit in the southern outskirts of Marrakech, marking the return of international car racing to the country after 50 years; it hosts the FIA WTCC for the fourth time.
Slovakia Ring
Slovakia 27-28 April 2013

Located 40km East of Bratislava, Slovak Republic’s capital city, this modern and demanding racetrack was inaugurated in 2009; it hosts the FIA WTCC for the second time.
Hungaroring, Budapest
Hungary 04-05 May 2013

Located 20km North East of the Hungarian capital city, this modern racetrack was built in 1986 to host the first ever F1 Grand Prix behind the Iron Curtain; it receives the FIA WTCC for the third time
Salzburgring

Austria 18-19 May 2013

Located 15km East of the historical city of Salzburg, this superfast racetrack was built in 1968 inside a narrow alpine valley. It receives the FIA WTCC for the second time.
Moscow Raceway
Russia 08-09 June 2013

Russia's first modern permanent racetrack, was inaugurated in 2012 and receives the FIA WTCC for the first time
Circuito da Boavista, Porto

Portugal 29-30 June 2013

Located in the Boavista district of Portugal’s second largest city, this fast street circuit was inaugurated in 2005; it hosts the FIA WTCC for the fourth time
Autódromo Internacional de Curitiba
Brazil 27-28 July 2013

Located in the Eastern outskirts of Brazil’s sixth largest city, this fast racetrack built in 1967 hosts the FIA WTCC for the eighth time.
Sonoma
United States07-08 September 2013

Located in the valley of Sonoma, in California, mid way between San Francisco and Sacramento, this beautiful track (previously known as Sears Point) was built in 1968 and fully renovated in 1998. The FIA WTCC visits it for the second time
Suzuka
Japan 21-22 September 2013

The home of the F1 Japanese Grand Prix from 1987 to 2006 and then again from 2009. This track located 50 km South West of Nagoya, was built in 1962 and renovated in 1983, it receives the FIA WTCC for the third time.
Shanghai International Circuit
China 02-03 November 2013

Located in the Jiading district of Shanghai – China’s largest city – this circuit was inaugurated in 2004 and since then it was home to the F1 Grand Prix. It receives the 2010 FIA WTCC for the second time.
Circuito da Guia
Macau 15-17 November 2013

This fast and narrow street circuit lies in the Eastern part of the former Portuguese dominion, from the Ferry Terminal up to the Lighthouse. It hosted the first race in 1954 and receives the FIA WTCC for the ninth time

Information From Events - WTCC - Fia World Touring Car Championship - Eurosport
You will be greatly missed by Family and friends[/center]
Old 26-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #2
Warrior
Race Driver

Gamertag
HLR Warrior
Rep
vCash
Cool Chevy Drivers?????

Chevrolet drivers' 2013 plans still uncertain
Quote:
Where any of the three works Chevrolet drivers will be racing next year was still unclear as the 2012 WTCC season came to a close at Macau. All three drivers are currently out of contract after Chevrolet announced their decision to leave back in July.
New champion Rob Huff will carry the No.1 plate next year with whoever he drives with. So far, every WTCC champion in the modern era has returned to defend his title, and only one of the four champions no longer competes in the WTCC, after three-time champion Andy Priaulx left along with BMW in 2011 and now races in the DTM.

With Chevrolet's withdrawal, RML will take ownership of the team's four Chevrolet Cruze 1.6Ts next season, the three race cars plus the T-car used by Colin Turkington in Shanghai, and are trying to put together a two-car programme for 2013 whilst new manufacturer options are explored for 2014.

Honda and Lada are the only manufacturer backed programmes likely to be on the grid next season, with their driver line-ups already believed to be complete, which leaves just independent drives available for 2013.

"I'm talking to people, but at the moment there's nothing remotely concrete," said Rob Huff to TouringCarTimes.

On what his preferred option for 2013 would be, Huff's reply was simply:
"A Chevrolet Cruze would be nice, run by RML would be ideal...but I'm open to all options, I need to assess the situation. I'd like to speak to a lot more people than I'm speaking to, but if it's an option, I'd like to stay here with Chevrolet and RML."

Alain Menu joked post-race that paddock gossip had been linking the 2012 Championship runner-up with anyone from Bamboo Engineering, Lada and Ford, but in reality his plans are also unclear.

"Ideally I'd like to stay in the Championship," said Menu to TouringCarTimes. "I think the Championship will grow, it's looking good for the future. I may be 50 next year, but in my head I'm not, I still have a competitive spirit, I still love it, so hopefully I'll be back next year."

Rob Huff has also been linked with the V8 Supercars Championship in 2013, which may be anything from just competing in the endurance events at Sandown and Bathurst, to a full season programme, whilst Menu has also been linked with the Super TC 2000 Argentinean Championship, where he has been a race winner before with the series' factory Chevrolet team.

Three-time WTCC champion Yvan Muller, when drawn on the subject, also added he has nothing in place for next year. The Frenchman has driven in both the Euro NASCAR series as well as in the French round of the FIA World Rally Championship, in addition to his duties with Chevrolet in the WTCC.

TouringCarTimes - WTCC: Chevrolet drivers 2013 plans still uncertain
You will be greatly missed by Family and friends[/center]
Old 26-02-2013, 11:36 PM   #3
TG Axiom
Team GIZMO

Gamertag
TG Axiom
PSN Tag
JoeperkinS
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Driver Award 
Cheers Andy
Old 22-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #4
TG Axiom
Team GIZMO

Gamertag
TG Axiom
PSN Tag
JoeperkinS
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Driver Award 
Don't forget this on Sunday with the F1 & GP2 people !!!

Tags
bmw, cars, championship, endurance, gossip, post, race, racing, season, suzuka, win, world, wtcc