Go Back   FMUK > General > PC & Console Gaming > Xbox ONE

Register Now for FREE!
Our records show you have not yet registered. To sign up and get instant access to all our features, simply fill out the form below.

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
  I agree to forum rules 

Old 21-07-2015, 01:05 AM   #1
TfR Magic
Race Driver

Gamertag
TfR Magic
PSN Tag
TG-MagicBoy
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
Unhappy Stupid Cloud Sync errors

Anyone else having cloud issues at the moment?

My FH2 save borked last week and kept crashing the game. Support had me delete the local save and re-sync from the cloud. That didn't work so wiped the local profile and now nothing will sync other than Netflix!

Lovely generic 80004005 error at anywhere between 10 and 30%.

Curses.
Old 21-07-2015, 07:20 PM   #2
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
Member of the Month Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
Anyone else having cloud issues at the moment?

My FH2 save borked last week and kept crashing the game. Support had me delete the local save and re-sync from the cloud. That didn't work so wiped the local profile and now nothing will sync other than Netflix!

Lovely generic 80004005 error at anywhere between 10 and 30%.

Curses.

Had the other week on BF4 and Fifa15!! not games im playing a lot of, but annoying. Oh the joys of the 'Cloud' I can see why people had reservations about being our saviour!!
Old 21-07-2015, 07:42 PM   #3
TfR Magic
Race Driver

Gamertag
TfR Magic
PSN Tag
TG-MagicBoy
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
FM5 and the free FIFA they chucked in with the console both refuse to sync as well. Spent a couple of hours on with Xbox support, who are convinced it's my internet connection even though it passes all the diagnostics test. Only blip they tell me is a 152ms latency.

No problems with anything else, 360 works fine with XBL as does PC gaming - say a 44 person iRacing session.

In desperation I wirelessly tethered the Xbox One to my smartphone. F**king works fine, synced the game saves in under 20 seconds!

Guess it's time to phone Sky...
Old 21-07-2015, 09:32 PM   #4
TfR Spiny Anteater
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
Spiny Anteater
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Photocomp Winner 
Never really got the thinking behind cloud saves:

"Our customers have a working system where their game saves are saved on their system and they can access them at any time. Lets 'improve' it by using the awesome power of the cloud to make loading times much slower and the game unusable when they lose internet connection or our data centre has one if its frequent outages".

Much better system [/sarcasm]

We all learn from our mistakes. I am very well educated...

RIP Stuart (Hoonta). Gone. Not Forgotten.
Old 27-07-2015, 06:56 PM   #5
TfR Spiny Anteater
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
Spiny Anteater
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Photocomp Winner 
As I've mentioned elsewhere, ever since I had to reinstall the PCars I've not been able to save a tune to all tracks, only the one I originally tuned and saved on plus all tracks up to Dubai (alphabetically).

It occurred to me that it might be a slightly corrupted install given that reinstalling appears to default to installing from the cloud rather than the disc. So I'm trying a reinstall from the disc and hoping that sorts things out.

We all learn from our mistakes. I am very well educated...

RIP Stuart (Hoonta). Gone. Not Forgotten.
Old 28-07-2015, 08:41 AM   #6
HLR Joker
Professional Amateur

Gamertag
HLR Joker
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
Twitter Profile
Send a message via Skype™ to Joker
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
FM5 and the free FIFA they chucked in with the console both refuse to sync as well. Spent a couple of hours on with Xbox support, who are convinced it's my internet connection even though it passes all the diagnostics test. Only blip they tell me is a 152ms latency.

No problems with anything else, 360 works fine with XBL as does PC gaming - say a 44 person iRacing session.

In desperation I wirelessly tethered the Xbox One to my smartphone. F**king works fine, synced the game saves in under 20 seconds!

Guess it's time to phone Sky...

Haha, they quoted it has being latency?? I read that everyone in U.K gets a U.S based latency test, therefore because of distance there will always be a higher than expected reading. The xbone comes with the ability to test ping, latency and connection soeeds along with data useage, but it uses XBL U.S servers (as far as Im aware). Incidentally my latency is usually 200ms or there abouts, I suffer lag only on BF4 on a Sunday (VM restrict speeds on a Sunday in my area), otherwise no synching issues, no lag on any other game. I think XBox phone operators like to fob you off as fast as possible.
Prime example, there's a guy here at work, no issues with connecting and playing on xbl, except COD Ghosts, Advanced Warfare is O.K, but Ghosts keeps giving strict NAT. On calling xbox support they tried setting ports etc. After two nights of on off phone calls they concluded console was issue, guy swapped unit, same issue, this time xbox support pointed blame at disc, guy swapped disc...now he still has the same issue even after switching ISP from BT to VM and has decided he no longer cares.

Mark
Old 28-07-2015, 06:49 PM   #7
TfR Magic
Race Driver

Gamertag
TfR Magic
PSN Tag
TG-MagicBoy
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
The only thing that's changed recently is going from Sky ADSL to Fibre.

Even though I've been working in IT and networking for many many years Im stunned how a 4G Smartphone provides a better quality connection to XBL (with open NAT no less) than a Fibre connection. A Fibre connection that works fine on anything other than XBL on the One.

Daft thing is that big game downloads blaze through, it's just the cloud crap.

Tags
awesome, big, cod, fifa, fm5, free, games, iracing, king, tune, warfare, xbox, xbox one