Go Back   FMUK > Project Cars > Comps

Register Now for FREE!
Our records show you have not yet registered. To sign up and get instant access to all our features, simply fill out the form below.

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
  I agree to forum rules 

User Tag List

Old 16-06-2015, 06:33 PM   #31
TfR Spiny Anteater
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
Spiny Anteater
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Photocomp Winner 
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
But then again that was with LMP1 cars which I assume have endurance tyres compared to the GT3 cars?

They do run longer on the tyres, but the difference isn't all that huge. For the 24 hours, the LMP1 cars are allotted 12 sets, plus 4 emergency tyres in case of punctures. The other classes (LMP2 and GT classes) are allotted 16 sets for the race, but unfortunately someone did a burnout in a Mustang on the road near the campsite and drowned out the radio when they said that and I missed if they have the emergency tyres or not.

We all learn from our mistakes. I am very well educated...

RIP Stuart (Hoonta). Gone. Not Forgotten.
Old 16-06-2015, 06:36 PM   #32
Slim
Race team Owner

Gamertag
PzR Slim
Rep
vCash
Originally Posted by Spiny Anteater View Post
They do run longer on the tyres, but the difference isn't all that huge. For the 24 hours, the LMP1 cars are allotted 12 sets, plus 4 emergency tyres in case of punctures. The other classes (LMP2 and GT classes) are allotted 16 sets for the race, but unfortunately someone did a burnout in a Mustang on the road near the campsite and drowned out the radio when they said that and I missed if they have the emergency tyres or not.

Yeah, I Knew the LMP2, GT PRO and GT AM cars got a few extra sets but not sure if the GT3 cars in PCars are classed as GT PRO cars. More testing required I think, which is not exactly a hardship
Old 16-06-2015, 07:07 PM   #33
TfR Spiny Anteater
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
Spiny Anteater
Rep
vCash
Awards
Yeah, I Knew the LMP2, GT PRO and GT AM cars got a few extra sets but not sure if the GT3 cars in PCars are classed as GT PRO cars. More testing required I think, which is not exactly a hardship

I must admit that like you I'm not 100% sure if the GT cars at Le Mans are the same as PCars' GT3s, but I worked on that assumption. As far as I can tell, GT Pro and GT Am are the same cars, just the drivers are graded (apologies if you already know that).

Old 16-06-2015, 07:13 PM   #34
Slim
Race team Owner

Gamertag
PzR Slim
Rep
vCash
Originally Posted by Spiny Anteater View Post
I must admit that like you I'm not 100% sure if the GT cars at Le Mans are the same as PCars' GT3s, but I worked on that assumption. As far as I can tell, GT Pro and GT Am are the same cars, just the drivers are graded (apologies if you already know that).

Yeah I love my Le Mans

Been to the circuit a few times but never the race. It's on my list though. I like the gold, silver and bronze system of driver grading. Seriously thinking about buying the WEC season pass as F1 is going backwards whereas sports car racing just seems to be getting better. Hopefully Nissan solve their hybrid problems and Toyota find a bit more pace. Great to see Porsche back on the top step and a current f1 driver.
Old 17-06-2015, 07:12 PM   #35
TfR Spiny Anteater
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
Spiny Anteater
Rep
vCash
Awards
Yeah I love my Le Mans

Been to the circuit a few times but never the race. It's on my list though.

I'd say do it, and soon if you can. As you said, the racing is very good at the moment. Last time I went down, Audi pretty much had it in the bag before nightfall which left things a bit flat. This time around, I woke up around 5am, switched on Radio Le Mans and the gap between the lead Porsche and second placed Audi was about 20 seconds But, it is noticeable that the corporate world is starting to move in now. This year, the Ferris Wheel has moved back from by the Maison Blanche entrance to near the exit of the Porsche Curves as the Porsche Experience Centre has been built there now. Result - if you're on Bleu or Beausejour campsites, you now have to walk another 500 yards after entering the track to get to see the action. I still got to see a good bit of the race, but some of our party just retired to the bar instead when it got to Sunday. Everyone, not just our party but people on the ferry too, remarked on how the atmosphere had gone a little this year, hence me saying get there as soon as you can while it remains.

Tags
awesome, broken, cars, class, driving, endurance, happy, hilarious, huge, king, live, night, practice, race, racing, random, season, tapatalk, testing, world, xbox