Go Back   FMUK > Forza Motorsport 6 > General discussion

Register Now for FREE!
Our records show you have not yet registered. To sign up and get instant access to all our features, simply fill out the form below.

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
  I agree to forum rules 

User Tag List

Old 04-09-2015, 09:55 PM   #31
[HLR] totlxtc
Race Driver

Gamertag
Totlxtc
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Photocomp Winner Member of the Month 
Send a message via MSN to totlxtc
Whilst I may have come across negative the past few months regarding Pcars and Forza, I feel it is well deserved. Like spiny I feel let down by the current generation of titles.

For example...look around this place. A UK main site dedicated to the Forza series. Yet where is the activity now? It's the same 5-10 guys chatting like they are in the pub after a day's work. I remember having multiple lobbies, garages doing paints and tunes, comps going on. Is this going to come back? What destroyed the once great series? Where have all these 1000s of members gone? It's the same over on .net. I can still see a comment I made a week ago 3 lines down the threads.

You may have mocked me for my negativity, you may say I'm wrong still. But Forza needs to decide what it is. It seems to have lost its identity in the PR BS that streams from beardy Dans gob.

The appeal of Forza has always been the car list, graphics and the pick up and play attitude that anyone can become a virtual race driver without having to invest in fancy pc's with expensive wheel and pedal setups. I think that pinnacle was reached at FM4. Whilst some may argue FM2 was the best, the features in 4 would also surely be missed. Now it's all getting a little too close to Forza horizon (mod cards! Wtf?). Usually games mature. But with Forza it seems to be degenerating.

Now remember back to the wind up to fm4 and fm5. I was on the last news like a shot. I knew everything that was coming and posting it here, there and everywhere. With FM6 I could not name 3 tracks in it or 5 cars appearing in it. I used to love working on a car, working with you guys, getting comps set etc...but I don't feel this will happen anywhere anymore. The faith has been lost.

Ok, Forza will sell by the bucket load and millions will play it and I hope it does well. But is it the Forza I want? Is it going to be more hassle than it's worth (has any Forza ever released not had lobby issues?), will it be all mouth and no trousers?

Again, I refer to this latest generation of games. BF4 - unplayable for 4 months of release, Destiny - absolute drivel story, terrible systems, disconnecting all the time and miserable grinding, titanfall - broken servers and lag issues, project cars - so many issues to list. So will Forza be the same? Do I REALLY want to invest in yet another 50-90 pounds on a new title after being let down in the past by this series and so many other titles? No, no, no. Will I miss out? Possibly...if all works well. If not then I can save a few quid 6 months down the road and join you all. For now my money is with a title that has been developed over a year and I have already invested with like many had with pcars.

Sorry for the ramble, but it's how I feel. I hope you guys enjoy it and show me all is ok and well....I really would love to hear it! But for now I will watch from a distance. I hope you guys can understand where I'm coming from.

Comments

Yep most of this

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna
"Sex...the breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Old 05-09-2015, 09:17 AM   #32
TfR Doony
Race Driver

Gamertag
TfR Doony
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Paintjob Award 
Send a message via MSN to Doony
The distance meter is back though Dan.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2015, 09:36 AM   #33
[HLR] totlxtc
Race Driver

Gamertag
Totlxtc
Rep
vCash
Awards
Originally Posted by Doony View Post
The distance meter is back though Dan.

It's funny how a couple of numbers in the top left of the screen can add so much

Comments

Yep :)

Old 05-09-2015, 10:22 AM   #34
TfR Doony
Race Driver

Gamertag
TfR Doony
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Paintjob Award 
Send a message via MSN to Doony
Was just saying on Facebook, the vid on there looks really good. Still gonna wait and see, but it did look good. Cyborg woman and the mods put me off the demo a bit. And on rwd drive cars, the tyres would overheat easily, and the resulting loss of control was a bit much. Not gonna pre order, but hope it is good

Old 06-09-2015, 08:09 PM   #35
TfR Spiny Anteater
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
Spiny Anteater
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Photocomp Winner 
Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
Whilst I may have come across negative the past few months regarding Pcars and Forza, I feel it is well deserved. Like spiny I feel let down by the current generation of titles.

I have to admit that for the first 18 months of this generation I really did feel that the consoles were failing to deliver. How much of this was down to the giant steaming pile which was FM5 I can't say, but the only game I tried in that period which surprised me in a good way was Black Flag.

However, I am really enjoying PCars and it has gone a long way to making the jump to the XB1 worthwhile. I know you haven't clicked with the game, but for me PCars is the one (faults and all) which has really made the XB1 for me.

Comments

We all learn from our mistakes. I am very well educated...

RIP Stuart (Hoonta). Gone. Not Forgotten.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:24 PM   #36
[HLR] totlxtc
Race Driver

Gamertag
Totlxtc
Rep
vCash
Awards
It's funny. Pcars has ruined my love for the racing game genre. I tried again the other night to have a play and see if this patch made a difference...10 minutes later I had quit the game and uninstalled it for good. I truely hate the game and frustration it has caused me. It single handedly made me feel I had no skill (thanks also to slim) and could not enjoy racing games again. Pop Forza 6 demo in, 1st try on TT at Sebring wet and top 500.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:12 PM   #37
Slim
Race team Owner

Gamertag
PzR Slim
Rep
vCash
And yet five of us have just enjoyed a cracking PCars race in changeable weather conditions with tyres going off round Snetterton in the GT3 class. Was a brilliant race.

And if you take on board what some nobody on the interwebz says then more fool you Honestly, I don't know what to tell you, but if you don't get any enjoyment out of it then it's probably just not the game for you, don't lose sleep over it. You said you tried the Fm6 demo and were immediately quick with it. From the vids and streams I have seen of the full game it looks to be a much better game than FM5 was. Maybe it's good enough to tempt you back and you can rediscover your racing game mojo.
Last edited by Slim; 06-09-2015 at 10:21 PM.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:52 PM   #38
TfR Spiny Anteater
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
Spiny Anteater
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Photocomp Winner 
Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
It's funny. Pcars has ruined my love for the racing game genre. I tried again the other night to have a play and see if this patch made a difference...10 minutes later I had quit the game and uninstalled it for good. I truely hate the game and frustration it has caused me. It single handedly made me feel I had no skill (thanks also to slim) and could not enjoy racing games again. Pop Forza 6 demo in, 1st try on TT at Sebring wet and top 500.

Just wondering, but are you still using the thumbstick for acceleration and braking as well as steering as you did in FM5? PCars seems to account for weight transfer physics much more than Forza did - now lift off oversteer is a much bigger issue and playing with the throttle mid-corner is much more unsettling. Both of those two issues, but particularly the first, would be difficult to overcome with control just with a thumbstick as you really need to control acceleration/braking and steering independently.

As for the game making you feel like you're **** at racing games, I know what it's like. Anyone who raced against me in the first month or so of the game will have seen just how bad I was - I even lost to Gary once I've found that there are two things which have helped me get up to average pace - 1) Tuning: The stock tunes really don't suit me and it sounds suspiciously as though the same is true for you; and 2) Confidence: When you push the car through a corner and it sticks it's a fantastic feeling. When that happens in game, I can really relate it to being on a track in real life and this, more than anything else, is where PCars physics really trounce Forza for me. (I will agree though that PCars is just as bad as Forza when it comes to low speed physics with a controller). Once you get that confidence in the car though, it's amazing just how much time you gain.

[Not trying to force you to like PCars, just hoping this maybe explains why you've struggled with it]

We all learn from our mistakes. I am very well educated...

RIP Stuart (Hoonta). Gone. Not Forgotten.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:30 PM   #39
[HLR] totlxtc
Race Driver

Gamertag
Totlxtc
Rep
vCash
Awards
I do indeed still use the thumb sticks setup. On pcars I simply could not brake for corners no matter how much I tweaked the setup. Then it was an **** clenching moment trying to get through corners followed by a trip to the kitty little. I rarely made a lap without a mistake and just got angry and wound up with it. I love the look of it, I love the dynamic weather and lighting....just angry I'm unable to play it and have tried (I had 4 days off work to play) my hardest to get to grips with it, but I have abandoned it now.

I used to love gtr2, nascar racing 2004 (seriously hardcore racer who donated it's physics base to I racing) and Grand Prix legends. But pcars just got me...I can't play it and have accepted that now. The annoyance with it means I don't want to try to tune a car to race as I simply cannot get the most simple of things done like stopping and going.

I'm sorry if I was perceived as an a-hole but understand I was really hyped for this and to spend 2 hours trying to get a Clio through eau rouge after driving the real circuit and 1500+ laps on Forza 5 felt like the game was taking the mick out of me.

I won't continue mentioning pcars - it simply did not work out for me

Old 07-09-2015, 08:05 PM   #40
[HLR] totlxtc
Race Driver

Gamertag
Totlxtc
Rep
vCash
Awards
To rub salt in the wound...just gone on fm5 and the cloud cannot recover my save. All my vinyl groups, all my paints and all my tunes are gone. Whilst it's a game I feel quite upset as spent many hours creating stuff and now it's all gone. If I can't get it back then that's it for me. I don't want or have the time to sit and create that all again.

Old 07-09-2015, 08:08 PM   #41
TfR Magic
Race Driver

Gamertag
TfR Magic
PSN Tag
TG-MagicBoy
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
This might be a really stupid question, but you did try ditching the Gran Turismo thumbsticks setup and using the default triggers?

I don't have PCars on the Xbox. Picked it up for under 20 on the PC, however I'm using a wheel on that and only have a couple of hours in as the graphics card died. First impressions were it's OK ... but buggy. Won one Clio race by a country mile, the next one the AI was 4 seconds a lap quicker round Snetterton. All following each other in a Gran Turismo like train, never deviating from the line.

As the borked save - you use Sky for internet? I keep getting a similar problem with it corrupting. Have to tether the Xbox to my mobile phone to get the cloud to download!
Old 07-09-2015, 08:25 PM   #42
[HLR] totlxtc
Race Driver

Gamertag
Totlxtc
Rep
vCash
Awards
I'm not ditching the setup I use. I know it's bonkers but I like it, it's what I'm used to. It's ok now, I'm past pcars and moving on.

BT Internet. Something is happening now...hope it comes back (edit: just failed)

Last edited by totlxtc; 07-09-2015 at 08:28 PM.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:19 PM   #43
TfR Magic
Race Driver

Gamertag
TfR Magic
PSN Tag
TG-MagicBoy
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
Woah there, calm down! Just suggesting that you might want to try it with the default to see if it's a calibration issue with PCars and the thumbsticks.

I played a bit of GT on the PS2 as well you know, so I know where you got the configuration from. Took me a while to adjust from the Dual Shock 2 to flip triggers when I first got an Xbox 360.

Tags
big, cars, challenge, driving, fanatec, feedback, fm5, forza, funny, games, interest, lobby, night, paint, post, race, racing, results, rwd, sebring, settings, steering, tapatalk, video, xbox