Go Back   FMUK > General > Discussion > Introduce Yourself

Register Now for FREE!
Our records show you have not yet registered. To sign up and get instant access to all our features, simply fill out the form below.

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
  I agree to forum rules 

Old 21-10-2015, 12:27 AM   #1
Scamp
Spectator

Rep
vCash
I'm back. Nearly.

Hi people. It's been a while.Gonna finally get an new xbox next week. Is anyone still playing. Should I get forza 5 or 6.
Old 21-10-2015, 11:56 AM   #2
Slim
Race team Owner

Gamertag
PzR Slim
Rep
vCash
You should get Project Cars! We are currently running a GT3 comp and have a Ginette G40 comp starting in a couple of weeks. Not much Forza 6 action happening at the moment although it is a much better game than Forza 5 was.
Old 21-10-2015, 06:53 PM   #3
TfR Spiny Anteater
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
Spiny Anteater
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Photocomp Winner 
Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Hi people. It's been a while.Gonna finally get an new xbox next week. Is anyone still playing. Should I get forza 5 or 6.

Hello Stranger - be good to catch up again on Live.

The most important thing you need to know is do not, I repeat DO NOT get FM5 - after FM1 to FM4 buying FM5 is about as depressing an experience as your wife of 15 years announcing she's going to grow a beard.

I can't vouch for FM6 as I haven't bought it - however, what I've heard of it does suggest a big improvement on FM5, albeit not up to the levels of FM2 or FM4.

And as Slim says, you could always consider Project Cars. It is much more serious than Forza though, so isn't for everyone, but it's the game which is taking all my Xbox time at the moment. (Be warned though that it is also a game which takes some of Gary's time too, but you have an axe to deal with that ). Not as many cars on there as Forza, and they are more biased towards racing than road cars, but there are many, many more tracks. Also, no build upgrades to the cars, only tuning. As I know you're not massively into tuning, this is a good site to visit for tunes:

P.CARS Setup Database

Anyway, now that's done, welcome back (in the future) to the Xbox.

We all learn from our mistakes. I am very well educated...

RIP Stuart (Hoonta). Gone. Not Forgotten.
Old 24-10-2015, 07:08 PM   #4
TfR Magic
Race Driver

Gamertag
TfR Magic
PSN Tag
TG-MagicBoy
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
FM5 = Tripe
FM6 = Bloody good.
PCars = Buggy as f**k. Meh.
Old 29-10-2015, 05:34 PM   #5
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
Member of the Month Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
FM5 = pftttt dpnt bother (unfinished prequel to 6)
FM6 = on the whole Very good (sits between FM3 and 4 in my rating) but already showing holes in it's pretty wrapper with usual PI glitches that need sorting before it gets ruined by idiots. Plenty of painting glitches again but doesnt effect majority.
Pcars = buggy as hell but by far the best 'racer' with a whole wealth of options. Not a pick up and play though - easily distracted/bored need not apply!
Old 05-11-2015, 11:02 AM   #6
TfR Mike
Race Driver

Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Driver Award 
Originally Posted by smokinmasta View Post
FM5 = pftttt dpnt bother (unfinished prequel to 6)
FM6 = on the whole Very good (sits between FM3 and 4 in my rating) but already showing holes in it's pretty wrapper with usual PI glitches that need sorting before it gets ruined by idiots. Plenty of painting glitches again but doesnt effect majority.
Pcars = buggy as hell but by far the best 'racer' with a whole wealth of options. Not a pick up and play though - easily distracted/bored need not apply!

I'd be best just going with fm6 then from that list. I really hated fm5

So far my xbone has been useful for fifa and rock band.. thats it :/
Old 05-11-2015, 09:28 PM   #7
McCloud
Mechanic

Rep
vCash
Ea access is decent if you like bf4,/hard-line and few other titles.
Old 21-11-2015, 01:39 PM   #8
Scamp
Spectator

Rep
vCash
An update on my return. I brought f6 and pcars. Forza does look nice and drives well. Really well but I find almost too easy compared to pcars, now pcars is a bitch to get used to but am starting to get the hang of it. I actually started not finishing at the back and I prefer the realism of it, I'd throw it into the corners in forza an know I'd make it but pc I worry on every turn. As for graphics forza is nicer but I don't think by too much. So pcars is the one for me when I'm not drunk, forza will be the one when I am.

Comments

Just for the drunk/not drunk bit

Tags
big, cars, fifa, fm4, fm5, forza, forza 5, live, painting, racing, running, tuning, unfinished, welcome, xbox