Go Back   FMUK > General > Motors and Motorsports

Register Now for FREE!
Our records show you have not yet registered. To sign up and get instant access to all our features, simply fill out the form below.

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
  I agree to forum rules 

Old 20-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
Tricky
Just Tricky

Gamertag
PzR Tricky
PSN Tag
Tricky4
Rep
vCash
Awards
Member of the Month Best Driver Award 
YouTube Profile
BTCC 2013 New Regulations

Quote:
The most significant change, arguably, is that boost adjustments will now be applied to individual drivers or teams, rather than to each model of car.

Additionally, the amount of increase or decrease in the turbo boost-pressure adjustment is set to be reduced to an as-yet undecided level, while the frequency of the adjustments could also change.

Boost equalisation rules tweaked for 2013 BTCC season - BTCC news - AUTOSPORT.com

Quote:
Now, from 2013, any driver who receives three penalties for on-track driving discipline offences, including verbal warnings, will be relegated six grid spots on the third penalty.

The penalty will apply in the first available race after officials have issued a driver with the third sanction.

BTCC introduces additional penalties for bad driving in 2013 - BTCC news - AUTOSPORT.com

Quote:
The British Touring Car Championship will introduce a soft tyre, to be used once per race weekend in 2013.

At all circuits except Thruxton, which puts a greater strain on the rubber, one set of a soft-compound Dunlop tyre will be available to each NGTC entry.

The faster tyre will not be available in qualifying, but teams will be able to choose which of the three races in which it is used at each meeting.

Other teams and drivers won't know in which race their competitors have chosen to use the soft tyres until the cars go to the grid. Tyres will have a special marking to make them easily identifiable.

BTCC to introduce new 'option' tyres for 2013 season - BTCC news - AUTOSPORT.com

Quote:
Shedden, who took his first BTCC title with Honda this season, believes it would be better if the boost levels were just left at their pre-season baseline.

Gordon Shedden not convinced about British Touring Car rule tweaks - BTCC news - AUTOSPORT.com
Old 20-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
Member of the Month Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
As i posted on the official BTCC forums that Alan Gow frequents.......think they're better leaving as is but allow some more adjustment/tinkering on proper supplied TOCA parts rather than pi55 about with extras
Old 20-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #3
TfR Magic
Race Driver

Gamertag
TfR Magic
PSN Tag
TG-MagicBoy
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
I wish they'd stop tinkering with the boost, otherwise where's the incentive to develop the car?

It's motorsport, not the X-Factor (not that I watch it).
Old 20-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #4
TG Axiom
Team GIZMO

Gamertag
TG Axiom
PSN Tag
JoeperkinS
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Driver Award 
I hate boost tweaks....
Old 20-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #5
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
YouTube Profile
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
I wish they'd stop tinkering with the boost, otherwise where's the incentive to develop the car?

It's motorsport, not the X-Factor (not that I watch it).

Because they're not really allowed to. The main aim of NGTC regs was reduce costs to bring smaller teams etc. If you consider that 2 cars cost less than half a Alfa 155 did then you can see its working. But BECAUSE of that they do boost tweaks and weights........
If have a few quid to spare you can pick up NGTC specced cars for relative peanuts - some for as little as 30k or so .......

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Old 20-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #6
TfR Magic
Race Driver

Gamertag
TfR Magic
PSN Tag
TG-MagicBoy
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
I meant development as in testing to optimise the package. I realise that there's a whole pile of standard components to keep costs contained. I think it was Thorney that said the cars were still coming out far more expensive than intended however.
Old 21-11-2012, 12:57 AM   #7
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
YouTube Profile
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
I meant development as in testing to optimise the package. I realise that there's a whole pile of standard components to keep costs contained. I think it was Thorney that said the cars were still coming out far more expensive than intended however.

100,000 ish per car is around top money stuff in 2011 + misc other, so around 400,000ish for 2 car team maximum compared to Alfa Romeos 5million budget in 1994 - so in todays money around 12 million!!
So unsure what Thorney were expecting

Damper bodies can be adjusted 3 ways but NOT rebuilt during a race weekend, TOCA pulled back from full race dampers (4 way) being multi adjustable purely on cost grounds and to attract smaller less exp teams that couldnt afford full time suspension engineers!! Example:
two different approved piston set ups will be
homologated and these will be the only ones available to the
teams

Tags
btcc, cars, championship, driving, focus, news, qualifying, race, season, tapatalk, testing