Go Back   FMUK > Forza Horizon > Forza Horizon Discussion

Register Now for FREE!
Our records show you have not yet registered. To sign up and get instant access to all our features, simply fill out the form below.

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
  I agree to forum rules 

Old 07-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #31
WiggyDiggyPoo

Gamertag
wiggydiggypoo
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Driver Award 
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
NFS Most Wanted is essentially Burnout Paradise 2, very thinly veiled as an NFS game.

You mean Most Wanted 2 don't you

MW2 will be a lot less cartoony arcadey than B:Paradise, not a simulator by anymeans but not the full on aracde Paradise was?
Old 07-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #32
PzR Tak
Race Driver

Gamertag
PzR Tak
Rep
vCash
Originally Posted by WiggyDiggyPoo View Post
You mean Most Wanted 2 don't you

MW2 will be a lot less cartoony arcadey than B:Paradise, not a simulator by anymeans but not the full on aracde Paradise was?

Uh... no. I don't...

The new game is NFS: Most Wanted.

edit: I hate missing emotes.
Last edited by Tak; 07-06-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #33
WiggyDiggyPoo

Gamertag
wiggydiggypoo
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Driver Award 
Uh... no. I don't...

The new game is NFS: Most Wanted.

edit: I hate missing emotes.

They (EA) love confusing things don't they! Hot Pursuit went NFS3:HP, HP2 and then just NFS:HP and they are doing the same with Most Wanted.

They do realise they will have two games on the 360 called Need for Speed:Most Wanted. I cant wait for some sob story of idiots who buy the wrong one
Old 07-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #34
hOnG k0nG fu3y
Race Driver

Gamertag
hOnG k0nG fU3y
Rep
vCash
All corner cutter racers will love Horizons. Me, i'll pass. Knocking down posts for points, drifting, No thanks. The only good thing to come out of the game is the off road rallying. As for the lighting, well its perfect Enduro style events but Horizons? All the nobs who love to drive the Hummer as a wrecking ball in Forza 4 Will love Horizons. Fingers crossed it bombs and Playground and Turn 10 make the perfect FM 5

Comments

Old 07-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #35
WiggyDiggyPoo

Gamertag
wiggydiggypoo
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Driver Award 
Originally Posted by hOnG k0nG fu3y View Post
All corner cutter racers will love Horizons. Me, i'll pass. Knocking down posts for points, drifting, No thanks. The only good thing to come out of the game is the off road rallying. As for the lighting, well its perfect Enduro style events but Horizons? All the nobs who love to drive the Hummer as a wrecking ball in Forza 4 Will love Horizons. Fingers crossed it bombs and Playground and Turn 10 make the perfect FM 5

Wow You dont happen to hate american muscle cars as well do you? No wait don't answer that.....

Forza has always catered for a wide audience, from hardcore WRL style events to the casual stuff we run right down to my 8 yr nephew* in a Hummer ramming you off Yet you seem to have the attitude of a driving snob that is'nt remotely open minded enough to consider the fact a lot of people want this sort of game.

What Horizons will hopefully offer is a very good driving experience, backed by the Forza branding/team and offer the way in to an as yet not 100% succesfully tapped market - the driving MMO.

Test Drive Unlimited (1) proved the market is there, TDU(2) unfortunately didnt quite reach the heights I and many others wanted. Hopefully this game will succeed where TDU failed.

* I dont have a 8 year** old nephew but you get the point
** He's actually nearly 6 months old
Old 07-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #36
hOnG k0nG fu3y
Race Driver

Gamertag
hOnG k0nG fU3y
Rep
vCash
so there wont be any 60bhp starter cars then

Dodge charger, Pontiac Firdbird, Shelby Mustang. Yes please. Would rather take a Lambo though

You still have to race in Horizons. It will be a ram fest on the way to the never ending Festival. Does nowt for me.
Last edited by hOnG k0nG fu3y; 07-06-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #37
4zUK jsydave
Aerodynamicist

Gamertag
jsydave
Rep
vCash
Twitter Profile
I loved PGR4 online so have some hopes. Not sure I won't wait till it gets discounted though.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:50 AM   #38
[HLR] totlxtc
Race Driver

Gamertag
Totlxtc
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Photocomp Winner Member of the Month 
Send a message via MSN to totlxtc
Been waiting for all this gameplay stuff to arrive so I could gauge it. Not for me at all. I love forza "motorsport" not forza "need for speed/tdu/outrun". I'm sure it will be great and looks good so fair played to them. I'll still be at home with FM4 thanks :-)

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna
"Sex...the breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Old 08-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #39
WiggyDiggyPoo

Gamertag
wiggydiggypoo
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Driver Award 
Originally Posted by hOnG k0nG fu3y View Post
so there wont be any 60bhp starter cars then

Dodge charger, Pontiac Firdbird, Shelby Mustang. Yes please. Would rather take a Lambo though

You still have to race in Horizons. It will be a ram fest on the way to the never ending Festival. Does nowt for me.

Oooh I dunno, I've quite liked driving my 18bhp Citroen CV in TDU2 lol

Muscle Cars are ace for cruising, what makes them genrally poorer to race in actually counts in their favour as the slower pace of them make them a good choice to soak up the miles in.

The Lambo's, Porsche's etc are great as well for the fact rather than choosing a car based on how fast you get it from A>B, you decide what to take based on the pleasure you'll get from it.

Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
Been waiting for all this gameplay stuff to arrive so I could gauge it. Not for me at all. I love forza "motorsport" not forza "need for speed/tdu/outrun". I'm sure it will be great and looks good so fair played to them. I'll still be at home with FM4 thanks :-)

Its a definite change of style for sure and not to all's taste's, I'm also pretty certain that in certain circles it/Turn10 are going to get slated for daring to do a 'non simulator' Forza.

Interiors

I'm really hoping for for 360 degree interiors, with some extra touches like cars with SatNav's actually having them functional on the dashboard. The dash view in Forza always bugged me that it was 'forward' only (although I understand why - tuning/weigh reduction mods).

Imagine without the tuning you'll be viewing something like the Autovista's interiors, but moving
Old 08-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #40
Anx
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
PTG Anxious
Rep
vCash
Awards
Member of the Month Photocomp Winner 
It looks great, and fair play to T10 for taking a slightly different route with this game. Just not sure its for me, but i'll keep watching this space.

What worries me is that they'll try and incorporate what they do in Horizon, into FM5, and take away from what has made FM what it is right now. If i wanted open world i'd go for TDU or NFS, and if i wanted rally based events i'd go for Dirt/WRC games. But i think it would be detrimental to FM5 to try incorporate those 2 elements. FM1-4 have been as good as it gets in my opinion when it comes to track racers, diluting that by adding those 2 elements would weaken the game. Obviously this is purely speculation on my part, but it wouldn't be the first time something like this had happened.

R.I.P H00nta
Pendulum Tuning Group
Forzatographer and occasional tuner (very occasional )
Old 08-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #41
WiggyDiggyPoo

Gamertag
wiggydiggypoo
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Driver Award 
Originally Posted by TfR AnxiousMann View Post
It looks great, and fair play to T10 for taking a slightly different route with this game. Just not sure its for me, but i'll keep watching this space.

What worries me is that they'll try and incorporate what they do in Horizon, into FM5, and take away from what has made FM what it is right now. If i wanted open world i'd go for TDU or NFS, and if i wanted rally based events i'd go for Dirt/WRC games. But i think it would be detrimental to FM5 to try incorporate those 2 elements. FM1-4 have been as good as it gets in my opinion when it comes to track racers, diluting that by adding those 2 elements would weaken the game. Obviously this is purely speculation on my part, but it wouldn't be the first time something like this had happened.

Some elements for sure, FM has always been great but it lacks for online interaction when you are not racing - the clubs, storefront and auction house could be so much more than they are.

But I don't think they'll change the 'World Tour Career' single player and the various multiplayer modes for the core game
Old 08-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #42
PzR Crazy
Race Driver

Gamertag
PzR Crazy
PSN Tag
PzR_Crazy
Rep
vCash

Their stated aim was to have two different games, alternating each year..

I don't think FM is going to go open world or dubstep at all.. in fact I think Horizons gives them the 'vehicle' (Pun intended) to keep all that kind of thing nicely seperated for a different audience.. leaving Motorsport to keep expanding it's own motorsport theme of things..

Time will tell, and I will no doubt get Horizons since I love most driving games (just picked up and loved Driver SF the other day for 10, it's arcadey as hell, but still fun!)..
Old 08-06-2012, 11:27 AM   #43
Anx
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
PTG Anxious
Rep
vCash
Awards
Originally Posted by PzR Crazy View Post
Their stated aim was to have two different games, alternating each year..

I don't think FM is going to go open world or dubstep at all.. in fact I think Horizons gives them the 'vehicle' (Pun intended) to keep all that kind of thing nicely seperated for a different audience.. leaving Motorsport to keep expanding it's own motorsport theme of things..

Time will tell, and I will no doubt get Horizons since I love most driving games (just picked up and loved Driver SF the other day for 10, it's arcadey as hell, but still fun!)..

I hope your right, and it would make sense to have 1 game/year rather than 1 every 2 years. I'm erring on the side of caution i guess.

R.I.P H00nta
Pendulum Tuning Group
Old 08-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #44
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
Member of the Month Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
Suppose it'll give them the chance to see how people react to off road/gravel and real time of day shift. Lets face it, FM lovers have had those 2 things a fair way up their wish list for some time!!??
Old 08-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #45
TfR Milton
Race Driver

Gamertag
TfR Milton
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Best Rookie Award 
YouTube Profile
They could use FH as a testing platform. if they can get the lighting system to work here then it could be put into FM5, off road is a form of motorsport aswell so they could ne testing the model outlibne then put more effort and then put it into fm5. or use the lighting + offroad stuff together to make rain lol
Old 08-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #46
TG Axiom
Team GIZMO

Gamertag
TG Axiom
PSN Tag
JoeperkinS
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Driver Award 
Originally Posted by WiggyDiggyPoo View Post
Stop posting videos dammit! I cant watch them till tonight

I know right!!!? ... However saw the e3 vid yesterday thru Facebook. Looks like it should be a good laugh !
Old 08-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #47
TG Axiom
Team GIZMO

Gamertag
TG Axiom
PSN Tag
JoeperkinS
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Driver Award 
Originally Posted by smokinmasta View Post
Suppose it'll give them the chance to see how people react to off road/gravel and real time of day shift. Lets face it, FM lovers have had those 2 things a fair way up their wish list for some time!!??

That and variable weather, that's top of my list!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #48
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
Member of the Month Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
Originally Posted by VVV Axiom View Post
That and variable weather, that's top of my list!!!

Agreed Joe
Old 08-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #49
Anx
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
PTG Anxious
Rep
vCash
Awards
Day/night and variable weather, yes. Gravel/off road, not for me. Not in the main FM game anyway.

R.I.P H00nta
Pendulum Tuning Group
Old 08-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #50
Slim
Race team Owner

Gamertag
PzR Slim
Rep
vCash
Day/night and variable weather, yes. Gravel/off road, not for me. Not in the main FM game anyway.

Really? You wouldn't fancy a bit of rally or autocross?

Comments

autocross-Top gear style
Old 08-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #51
TfR Milton
Race Driver

Gamertag
TfR Milton
Rep
vCash
Awards
YouTube Profile
is the Tyre smoke look more impressive if not arcadeee
Old 08-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #52
Anx
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
PTG Anxious
Rep
vCash
Awards
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
Really? You wouldn't fancy a bit of rally or autocross?

Personally, no. As i mentioned earlier, i just worry that it will detract from what has been the main emphasis of the series if they are hell bent on getting it in there. Again though, this is all speculation, as Crazy said, they may keep the 2 seperate if FMH is to be a franchise of its own.

R.I.P H00nta
Pendulum Tuning Group
Old 09-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #53
OcR Pirate
Race Driver

Gamertag
OcR Pirate
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner 

Open in YouTube SD | Open in YouTube HD (when available)

However, there is no tuning in game
Old 09-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #54
Anx
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
PTG Anxious
Rep
vCash
Awards
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post

However, there is no tuning in game

He only says that he's doesn't know about tuning, never mentions that its not in.

R.I.P H00nta
Pendulum Tuning Group
Old 09-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #55
OcR Pirate
Race Driver

Gamertag
OcR Pirate
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
He only says that he's doesn't know about tuning, never mentions that its not in.

Extra info shamelessly nicked from here
Old 04-07-2012, 11:12 PM   #56
PzR Tak
Race Driver

Gamertag
PzR Tak
Rep
vCash
Video Preview - IGN Game Previews - IGN Video

nice, no new info vid preview if you haven't seen too much. Lots of clarifying in terms of what physics it will use (Forza's, unsurprisingly, with the ability to still run all assists off, if you want).
Old 05-07-2012, 12:26 AM   #57
WiggyDiggyPoo

Gamertag
wiggydiggypoo
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Driver Award 
Video Preview - IGN Game Previews - IGN Video

nice, no new info vid preview if you haven't seen too much. Lots of clarifying in terms of what physics it will use (Forza's, unsurprisingly, with the ability to still run all assists off, if you want).

It might surprise some but from a driving rather than a racing simulator view, I'd be up for that

This is on the shelf as 'pre order' already in Game as well.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #58
Stonedef
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
TfR StoneDef
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Driver Award Photocomp Winner 
Twitter Profile
I'm still not convinced on this game. I just can't seem to get my head around what this game wants to do or be?? It seems its just going to be another cash cow because you can bet your life there will be car packs

I'm just another monkey on the juice

Never too old to game
Old 05-07-2012, 08:29 AM   #59
TfR Doony
Race Driver

Gamertag
TfR Doony
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Paintjob Award 
Send a message via MSN to Doony
I'm quite looking forward to it, it's tdu, only with proper handling and it won't be broken for months on end. Will make a nice change from driving around the same tracks over and over

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Comments

+1 bored of driving round in circles
Old 05-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #60
TfR Milton
Race Driver

Gamertag
TfR Milton
Rep
vCash
Awards
YouTube Profile
i hope whatever they do with it they put effort into and make it work, it has potential, i just hope its not full of supercars and high performance,

Tags
bombs, challenge, competition, driving, enduro, fm4, forza, forza 4, free, games, google, huge, maps, microsoft, night, online, page, painting, photo, points, race, racing, random, replica, running, tapatalk, tdu, tuning, video, world