Go Back   FMUK > Forza Motorsport 3 > General Forza 3 Discussion > The Tuning Marketplace

Register Now for FREE!
Our records show you have not yet registered. To sign up and get instant access to all our features, simply fill out the form below.

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
  I agree to forum rules 

Notices

Old 26-07-2011, 12:13 AM   #1
Cashwars BB
Race Driver

Gamertag
Cashwars
PSN Tag
Chunkee_Monkey
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Driver Award 
Citroen C4 E Class and Vauxhall Astra VXR C Class

After doing ok at some of the tuning competitions at the .net site, I figured I'd throw some freebies out there....just in case they can provide you with some alternatives when racing in the lobbies.

First up is the Citroen C4 which was tuned for --Atlantic LS-- Oddball Competition. This was a competition where there was a selection of unloved/unused cars and entrants had to choose one from the list, The C4 was my E class entry, Ive used this in the public lobbies and well...do you ever see one out there.

The paint was supplied by craig198224 who tunes and paints for MVG.

Tune is 0 credits and paint 5K, search Cashwars

Click the image to open in full size.

My second offering is the Vauxhall Astra VXR, this was chosen from the C Class list of unused cars from the same Atlantic LS competition.

Again 0 credits for the tune and 5K for the paint, this time the paint supplied by TfR Shafter, a replica paint used on the old Vauxhall Calibra's.

Both cars got me a 3rd overall, was very happy with that as it was one of the first tuning competitions I'd entered at .net.

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks to TfR AnxiousMann for doing my photos, I can't take a decent picture for toffee.
Last edited by Cashwars BB; 26-07-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Old 26-07-2011, 07:30 AM   #2
Robbo UKr
Mechanic

Gamertag
Robbo UKr
Rep
vCash
Very nice cash I will be taking both lol, I to after being involved in this comp and also learning am trying to provide a c4 in f200 class which when is ready would love to give to the community . Still working on it . How ever I looking forward to these two Brutus lol
Old 01-08-2011, 12:08 PM   #3
Cashwars BB
Race Driver

Gamertag
Cashwars
PSN Tag
Chunkee_Monkey
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Driver Award 
Anyone tried and tested, feedback appreciated
Old 02-08-2011, 11:31 AM   #4
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
Member of the Month Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
Woops have ben caught up with last min stuff on ETCC and your tuning comp!
Mind you have used the C4 paint on a crazy ETCC (almost a gary spec) spec C4!!
I'll load up and have a wizz
Old 02-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #5
Anx
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
PTG Anxious
Rep
vCash
Awards
Member of the Month Photocomp Winner 
Sorry mate, not really had much chance to give them a proper run other than the other evening when i was snapping away with them. When i've been on its mostly been testing the ETCC cars

R.I.P H00nta
Pendulum Tuning Group
Forzatographer and occasional tuner (very occasional )
Old 02-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #6
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
Member of the Month Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
They seem to fall into the 'in between class' within class..........neither light and nimble such as a Fiesta or big and fast like a Lexus, Mustang or a muscle car.
For the Astra's First race in the puclic slaughterhouse saw me with 3 WRX 05's a Golf II a Merc 300sl and rather rapid corrado
So why they zoomed off the line (all being 4 wd) i settled in at the back waiting for expected squabble with the scoobies.........it came 4 corners in @ Silverstone Int also the merc sl went off by himself. This allowed me to gain 4 places and keep 3 of them.
The car itself is very well set up for an Astra but the tyre pressure seemed very high @ 35? Seems quite quick once going but getting off the line is a mare if facing a gaggle of of 4wd cars. Lap times are quite competitive too.

The C4 i liked a lot but the rear is very loose and requires some careful lines/speed.
Bagged me a win a Postino Full? One with all the cobbles.........
Onto a 'proper' track at Montegi full it worked fairly well but lacked speed and only mistakes by the 'full throttle everywhere' brigade allowed to pass 2 cars into 4th only to be caught on the straights by the more powerful cars.
Get a good line on someone and you'll pass easily but its 'in between' fast and slow/grip cars leaves at a loss. The small grip cars will out corner/out brake you but youll beat them on speed - but only just. The fast cars youll easily out corner but be beaten halfway up the next straight!!

Very well built and tuned cars as expected from cash, but the very nature of the cars themselves (for the unloved and unused cars of FM3) can leave you frustrated unless people in the lobbies are also using something unloved or untuneable.

from me if you dare to be different/brave in the public lobbies!!

Tags
big, cars, class, etcc, feedback, happy, mvg, paint, race, racing, replica, testing, tfr, tuning, win