Go Back   FMUK > Forza Motorsport 3 > General Forza 3 Discussion > The Tuning Marketplace

Register Now for FREE!
Our records show you have not yet registered. To sign up and get instant access to all our features, simply fill out the form below.

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
  I agree to forum rules 

Notices

Old 02-12-2011, 06:04 AM   #1
Screaming
Test Driver

Rep
vCash
WTB Lexus LFA tune

Pulling my hair out with this car, handles like a canal boat, no matter what i try i can't dial out the under-steer.

Need someone to tune it up for me in R3 class, with max handling parts installed.

Will pay 1 Million creds for unlocked tune.

Hopefully someone can help me out
Old 02-12-2011, 11:11 AM   #2
HLR Joker
Professional Amateur

Gamertag
HLR Joker
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
Twitter Profile
Send a message via Skype™ to Joker
Originally Posted by Screaming V12 View Post
Pulling my hair out with this car, handles like a canal boat, no matter what i try i can't dial out the under-steer.

Need someone to tune it up for me in R3 class, with max handling parts installed.

Will pay 1 Million creds for unlocked tune.

Hopefully someone can help me out

Send me a PM on here of the build you are using and I'll take a look, I'm not a tuner but I do like to get cars to handle easy (as in very forgiving). Gives me a reason to by the Lexus that way too......
Old 02-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #3
Screaming
Test Driver

Rep
vCash
Crap, i meant to post this in the forza 4 section.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
TfR Spiny Anteater
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
Spiny Anteater
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Photocomp Winner 
Where's it understeering? Corner entry? Corner exit? Steady state cornering? Or just everywhere?

Do you have aero on it?

What width are the tyres - specifically are the rears much wider than the fronts?

I know it sounds like a load of questions, but the more specific you can be the better the advice you get will be.

We all learn from our mistakes. I am very well educated...

RIP Stuart (Hoonta). Gone. Not Forgotten.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #5
Screaming
Test Driver

Rep
vCash
i'd say steady state and exit.

tires are 305/345 and has aero front and back, can put aero upto 52/274

Front aero is really lacking on the LFA, was expecting atleast the forza standard 100lbs, then i'd have something to play with.

If i could describe it better, it's like trying to tune the nissan GTR from forza 3, handles like a boat.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:04 PM   #6
OcR Pirate
Race Driver

Gamertag
OcR Pirate
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
Had a play, got it to not understeer, but it's terrifyingly snappy. Get any oversteer and you will spin, probably in the other direction from overcorrection. Obscenely quick on the straights, but before you can put the power down you need it settled right down or you will be sideways. More brutal than the Kray twins. I'll work on it a bit more...
Old 02-12-2011, 09:38 PM   #7
Screaming
Test Driver

Rep
vCash
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
Had a play, got it to not understeer, but it's terrifyingly snappy. Get any oversteer and you will spin, probably in the other direction from overcorrection. Obscenely quick on the straights, but before you can put the power down you need it settled right down or you will be sideways. More brutal than the Kray twins. I'll work on it a bit more...

That's pretty much what i've been experiencing, once i get the turn in nice the back end just won't stay nailed down, there's just no happy medium.

The 599GTO i've been working on is epic in comparison, why can't all cars be so easy to tune?
Old 03-12-2011, 10:41 AM   #8
TfR Spiny Anteater
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
Spiny Anteater
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Photocomp Winner 
Hmm, this is sounding a bit like damper settings... which are always the bugbear with tuning.

But first off, that steady state understeer. Part of the problem is that aero imbalance towards the rear. Try reducing the rear aero to something in the 150-200 range. I would have suggested dropping a couple of sizes off the rears too, but judging by the amount of power it seems to have that could be a bad idea. You need to get your steady state cornering sorted first, so after that play around with the anti-roll bars and maybe the suspension. Soften the front or stiffen the rear to reduce understeer and vice versa

Now the damper settings. You can get very deep into dampers, but from the sounds of what you're saying you just need to play around with the rebound.

I'm struggling to work out if you're saying turn-in is too slow or too quick. Start off with your rebound value about twice that of your bump value front and rear. If turn-in is still too slow, increase the rear rebound until the car is as you want it.

For acceleration out of corners, first look at your diffs. You want a more open (lower value) diff to reduce the snap oversteer, but don't go too far or the inside wheel will spin up. I generally operate int he 30-45 range. After that, you can fine tune by raising the front rebound setting to further reduce that corner exit oversteer if required. Try to avoid extremes if you can.

We all learn from our mistakes. I am very well educated...

RIP Stuart (Hoonta). Gone. Not Forgotten.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #9
Screaming
Test Driver

Rep
vCash
not perfect but got something driveable, it's a shame this car isn't competitive, turn 10 could have done better imo.

thanks for the help everyone
Old 05-12-2011, 11:11 AM   #10
HLR Joker
Professional Amateur

Gamertag
HLR Joker
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
Twitter Profile
not perfect but got something driveable, it's a shame this car isn't competitive, turn 10 could have done better imo.

thanks for the help everyone

Best I could do (retaining build) was to get the oversteer more extreme so this wnet from understeering to powering on and oversteering for the car to flick back and snap before catching grip, you just got to be extremely slow with controls IMO. I'll look again when I get chance at altering the build until it becomes managable, the car just feels like a AWD with diff settings set wrong, doesn't feel RWD at all, very strange!!
Old 05-12-2011, 01:16 PM   #11
Screaming
Test Driver

Rep
vCash
It's a real frustrating car that's for sure, which is a shame because it sounds so good and looks the ******.

Maybe S class would be a more realistic target.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:24 PM   #12
HLR Joker
Professional Amateur

Gamertag
HLR Joker
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
Twitter Profile
Maybe S class would be a more realistic target.

That's what I reckon too, haven't tried the car stock either yet to see if starts with the annoyance of massive understeer, so I will remove the build and try a few laps and see how it compares with similar size/weight cars in it's native class, from there it should be just a case of adding on bits until it feels wrong again!!

Tags
advice, cars, class, forza, forza 4, happy, post, rwd, settings, stock, tune, tuning