Go Back   FMUK > Forza Motorsport 5 > Competitions > ETCC S4

Register Now for FREE!
Our records show you have not yet registered. To sign up and get instant access to all our features, simply fill out the form below.

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
  I agree to forum rules 

User Tag List

Old 16-02-2015, 07:31 PM   #1
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
Member of the Month Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
ETCC feedback builds etc

Right let's put some ideas together on cars. Think I'll cut the Astra to start. Benchmark cars seem to the BMW and infinity which have very little between them. Merc needs a little tweak. Civic needs more speed. Focus speed seems ok will take some bravery to pick it though. RS3 sportback doesn't need much, if anything a little bit of power.
Anything else?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Old 17-02-2015, 08:05 PM   #2
TfR Spiny Anteater
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
Spiny Anteater
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Photocomp Winner 
From what I've seen, I think you're right to dump the Astra.

Of the rest, there doesn't seem to be a lot between the BMW and the Infiniti, although the Infinity does take a bit more work to find it's pace.

The Focus could be up there if it was a bit more stable. I don't think that it's the build which needs adjusting, more the tune to stop it being quite so tail happy. I think at the moment it has similar pace to the other two, but it's a lot harder to find that pace.

The RS3 (hatchback) is an odd one. It doesn't feel like it is that fast, but then sets decent times. I wouldn't say it's noticeably slower than the BMW & Infiniti, it just feels different and (thanks to T10) is annoyingly quiet when other cars are around.

I don't think the Civic needs much more power to be honest. It handles very nicely and isn't too slow on the straights - 5-10bhp is probably the max it needs and hopefully I've read that car better than the last car I said needed 5-10bhp

The one I think needs most adding is the Megane. It handles nicely, but the gearing is very short which does seem to hinder it - too much wheelspin off the line, too quick to redline in 1st and I don't know how it didn't hit the rev limiter in top gear. Perhaps 5-10bhp again but lengthen the final drive by about 2-3%?

The others are DLC so no comments on those

We all learn from our mistakes. I am very well educated...

RIP Stuart (Hoonta). Gone. Not Forgotten.
Old 17-02-2015, 08:43 PM   #3
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
Member of the Month Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
Nice one matey. I'll try using the stock civic engine and pile on the upgrades to suit. Can't upgrade crate engine by a little! I'll give the Lexus a little too. Feels a heavy car and supposed to be similar to infinity but loses out on BMW and infinity on most straights and all corners. I'll do tonight or tomorrow and upload.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Old 18-02-2015, 07:46 PM   #4
TfR Spiny Anteater
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
Spiny Anteater
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Photocomp Winner 
Just a thought then on the Civic. I didn't know that there are only big power jumps with the crate engine, but could a similar effect be gained by reducing the downforce and compensating for with wider wheels? Granted, I don't know if either of these are possible with the build/tune, but if it is it may be an easier fix than a complete rebuild, particularly as I don't think there's much wrong with the Civic as is.

We all learn from our mistakes. I am very well educated...

RIP Stuart (Hoonta). Gone. Not Forgotten.

Tags
big, bmw, cars, dlc, engine, etcc, feedback, final, focus, happy, megane, stock, tapatalk, tune